Welcome Ja'Sir Taylor, CB, Wake Forest (R6, #214)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Welcome Ja'Sir Taylor, CB, Wake Forest (R6, #214)

Is he good?
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I like he’s older, we need some maturity back there.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Need to hit the tape, the measurables look good though. I mean he only needs to be better than Campbell to be a good pick. Brings speed to ST as well.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
        Need to hit the tape, the measurables look good though. I mean he only needs to be better than Campbell to be a good pick. Brings speed to ST as well.
        He’s not as fast as campbell but at 4.39 he’s no slouch and he is a more polished player already plus he offers value as a returner. To me he’s better than a 7th round pick, more like a 4rth or 5th rounder. He reminds me of asante samuel…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          I would have been deeply disappointed if they didn't grab Salyer or Rasheed Walker with what they have at depth/RT.

Just watched Jasir Taylor having trouble keeping up with a Shrine Bowl receiver on a dig route: fortunately the ball was late and Yasir knocked it away.
          This was one of his highlights.

Why not Tariq Castro Fields who had good tape against Ohio States group of receivers? You just need him to be better than Campbell/Marshall.
          He's as fast as Jasir Taylor.

Sometimes Chaincrusher has a good point with taking 'consensus' choices, as inexact as that might be: particularly when your GM continually bucks it and comes up empty.

Agreed, I am guessing it was Taylor's return chops and maybe more Staley sees. Again, I suspect Staley has as much say as Telesco does and Spanos leans Staleys way if they are divided. Or do John and Dean stay out of the way 100%?
          If Woods and Taylor are busts I will have a lot less faith a year from now certainly and Telesco is gone regardless of whose call it really is. Last year's first 2 picks were easy, still waiting on the rest to pan out.
          I think football intelligence and personality have so much to do with it and we don't have a clue about most of them. If a bad guy is good enough like Wyatt he still goes in the first.
          I am guessing guys like McKinley who appear to have it mentally and no injury concerns often drop do to being undersized.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            I would have been deeply disappointed if they didn't grab Salyer or Rasheed Walker with what they have at depth/RT.

Just watched Jasir Taylor having trouble keeping up with a Shrine Bowl receiver on a dig route: fortunately the ball was late and Yasir knocked it away.
            This was one of his highlights.

Why not Tariq Castro Fields who had good tape against Ohio States group of receivers? You just need him to be better than Campbell/Marshall.
            He's as fast as Jasir Taylor.

Sometimes Chaincrusher has a good point with taking 'consensus' choices, as inexact as that might be: particularly when your GM continually bucks it and comes up empty.

Agreed, I am guessing it was Taylor's return chops and maybe more Staley sees. Again, I suspect Staley has as much say as Telesco does and Spanos leans Staleys way if they are divided. Or do John and Dean stay out of the way 100%?
            If Woods and Taylor are busts I will have a lot less faith a year from now certainly and Telesco is gone regardless of whose call it really is. Last year's first 2 picks were easy, still waiting on the rest to pan out.
            I think football intelligence and personality have so much to do with it and we don't have a clue about most of them. If a bad guy is good enough like Wyatt he still goes in the first.
            I am guessing guys like McKinley who appear to have it mentally and no injury concerns often drop do to being undersized.
            If the NFL was a dating site the chargers would probably go out with the women that scored lower on overall physical beauty but scored higher on personality. They like to draft more mature “professional” minded players and I can’t say I blame them considering the sums of money invested on these guys. Yes, they’ve certainly missed out on some guys over the years because of that…Part of me is still pissed we didn’t get to see michael effin vick in a charger uniform!

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Fuck Michael Vick! We got Brees and LT from that draft. John Butler's greatest move. What a great and humble man Butler was too, RIP.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If the NFL was a dating site the chargers would probably go out with the women that scored lower on overall physical beauty but scored higher on personality. They like to draft more mature “professional” minded players and I can’t say I blame them considering the sums of money invested on these guys. Yes, they’ve certainly missed out on some guys over the years because of that…Part of me is still pissed we didn’t get to see michael effin vick in a charger uniform!
                If you saw Vick in a Charger uniform, you wouldn't ever have seen Ladainian Tomlinson in a Charger uniform.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Fuck Michael Vick! We got Brees and LT from that draft. John Butler's greatest move. What a great and humble man Butler was too, RIP.
                  Not sure how you got the impression that Butler was "humble". Like A.J. Smith, he had a raspy personality.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Fair enough, figured he was the way he downplayed his cancer on his deathbed and said we all have our own problems to worry about.
                    I admittedly know nothing about his younger days in Buffalo.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Fair enough, figured he was the way he downplayed his cancer on his deathbed and said we all have our own problems to worry about.
                      I admittedly know nothing about his younger days in Buffalo.
                      He handled his terminal illness, publicly, with a certain grace. No 'feeling sorry for himself'. Expressed gratitude for whatever time he had left.

A.J. Smith-- Butler's protege-- had a reputation for being surly and gruff, but was viewed as LESS SO than Butler. They had less-than-great people skills, for certain.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Here's some highlights- The Ja'Sir Taylor tape begins at the 5:30 mark. Before that, it's Jamaree Salyer.

(3) 6th Round Picks OL Jamaree Salyer & CB Ja'Sir Taylor College Highlights | LA Chargers - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X