Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I doubt it.

How exactly?
    In the long run, increases in brand, marketing, and name recognition help in the recruiting of talent, such as coaches and FAs.

This one particular video may not, but the Chargers are building a reputation for this (they won the Webby for sports marketing last year) and for people who are online (most players are under 30) this will contribute to making the franchise a desirable place.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

In the long run, increases in brand, marketing, and name recognition help in the recruiting of talent, such as coaches and FAs.

This one particular video may not, but the Chargers are building a reputation for this (they won the Webby for sports marketing last year) and for people who are online (most players are under 30) this will contribute to making the franchise a desirable place.
      Talent is going to chose to come to the Chargers because of cartoons? OK.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Talent is going to chose to come to the Chargers because of cartoons? OK.
        Did you not read what I actually said? Ok.

I've done c suite level recruiting. Image matters.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

At worst, the two (winning on vs off the field) are not mutually exclusive
          so let us children have our fun, kind sir.
          much appreciated.
          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            At worst, the two (winning on vs off the field) are not mutually exclusive
            so let us children have our fun, kind sir.
            much appreciated.
            I'd rather they put all their focus into football, that is all. Maybe win a few Super Bowls first then make some cartoons.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I doubt it.

How exactly?
              It helps that it has blown up on Twitter. You get more people talking about something, it helps attract an audience that wouldn’t normally follow the Chargers start getting interested. There are also a lot more anime fans than you think.

At the end of the day, it’s still just a marketing ploy. The foundation was what the team did this off-season with FA and the draft. We don’t win then it won’t matter how many people we attract with this video.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'd rather they put all their focus into football, that is all. Maybe win a few Super Bowls first then make some cartoons.
                Seriously are you being deliberately dense with comments like this one?

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

More like recruitment of new fans and solidifying a base in a fickle city like LA. I don’t think coaches care as much. Maybe FA if they want to expand their own personal brand.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Seriously are you being deliberately dense with comments like this one?
                    You think placing a priority on winning football games over cartoonish marketing gimmicks is dense?

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

More like recruitment of new fans and solidifying a base in a fickle city like LA. I don’t think coaches care as much. Maybe FA if they want to expand their own personal brand.
                      Anime is going to recruit new fans? I must be really old school, because here I was under the belief that winning was the way to build a fan base

The Chargers drafted maybe the best QB talent this century. After two record-breaking seasons, the team still hasn't made the playoffs and it has a losing record over those two seasons. But hey the marketing department makes the best cartoons in the league.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Of course marketing helps a franchise repair it's fan base and market reach after moving.

But 90%+ of players are acrive on social media. It got 3M+ views already and retweets by everyone from Field Yates to Mina Kimes to Mitch Schwartz to Brett Kollman. Duke Manyweather mentioned it. Players will notice.

They will also notice that the Chargers are willing to go there on Urban Meyer, who is not exactly popular with players. Will it ever be a critical factor? Who knows? FA signings are a low quantity event. But it helps to be noticed. The Chargers have never been known as a bold franchise before.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Anime is going to recruit new fans? I must be really old school, because here I was under the belief that winning was the way to build a fan base

The Chargers drafted maybe the best QB talent this century. After two record-breaking seasons, the team still hasn't made the playoffs and it has a losing record over those two seasons. But hey the marketing department makes the best cartoons in the league.
                          They are VERY OBVIOUSLY not mutually exclusive factors.

Whatever, this is a waste.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡