First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post

Fourth member of the 2020 Rams to join Coach Staley across the parking lot.
    Another Great add!

With the many players that they have added shows how much Staley realized our defense needed major improvement....

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    In 2020 with the Rams and Staley he had 6 sacks, which is way higher than any other year. While it pays to line up with Aaron Donald, it seems that BS knew where to put him so he could succeed. I like the signing. Time to trade Tillery???
    Trade tillery for a RT

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    My analysis determined that he will NOT be the white guy wearing 97 for us.
    more to come....

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Fox is more of an inside player than outside, or at least that is how NFL teams have used him.
    According to PFF he has lined up at:
    Career........................NT 85, DT 445, over OT 803, and outside 386.
    In 2021 for Carolina...NT 29, DT 113, over OT 266, and outside 152.
    In 2020 for the Rams..NT 9, DT 90, over OT 172, and outside 73.

Watching him play some, he lack the speed and burst to be a great edge rusher. Not really big or quick enough to be a great inside rusher. While he is not great, he does get some push on his pass rush and he may not get to the QB but he does take good angles and can force the QB to get rid of the ball some. He can play along the line, but he is a DE/DT tweener. He can be used to compliment better players, but the more he plays the less you notice him.

Someone above said he was 260, but PFF has him listed at 275 lbs. That being said, he is too small to be an every-down 34 DE, so he mostly plays in pass rush (nickel and dime) getting about 20-25 plays per game. The Rams used him so they could move their better players around, and he lined up to allow that to happen. He is not a guy you scheme around (he isn't good enough), but his position flexibility allow you to do that with others. His sacks were not him winning plays but he can get by OL in man-on-man situations and finish up when others forced the QB off his mark or the QB holds the ball too long.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Kyle Van Noy
    Chargeroo meant what about KVN at edge?

In effect, they have 5 players at edge.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Remember last year when we were excited about Forrest Merril? Yeah...

I don't know who all is making the final 53 but I expect much fresher legs in the trenches this year.

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied
    The 1 thing I thought we lacked was a good pass rushing 4i opposite Tillery. Now we have one. Nice pick-up.
    One of the menacing defensive fronts that the Rams used to put out there on passing downs was a 4-2 disguised as a 5-1.
    They'd put pass rushers up against the guards and tackles... then feign bringing a LB against the center. Most of the time they'd drop the LB into coverage post-snap.
    Because the center had to account for the possible LB blitz, it left the guards and tackle one-on-one vs the 4i's and OLB's.

Bosa ^ Tillery ^ Fox ^ Mack

That should be a nightmare to block on 3rd-and-long.
    The DL is now very deep.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I see him as edge depth than an interior DL. He’s only listed as 260 lbs.
    That's okay,
    many people here want him to gain 40 pounds and trade Tillery for a punter.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Yet more depth. TT really loaded up the trenches this year. I am so thankful. I can't wait to see year #2 with Staley's D and Lombardi's O.

I think we're going to have a wicked D. You can't sleep even on the rotation guys :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::drool::drool::drool:

Leave a comment:

• Bearded14YourPleasure
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Who dat -KVN?
    Kyle Van Noy

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied

Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.
    Who dat -KVN?

Leave a comment:

• ChargersPowderBlue
    replied

Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.
    Fox appears to be an inside player to me. I don't want to experiment with slow players on the edge like Rochell again, no thanks.

Covington isn't a guarantee to make the roster. Same reason as Storm Norton or other players who came back on a one year deal. Covington may have played for the team last year, but he has to prove himself again. I prefer the upside of Gaziano, Fehoko, and Merrill to Covington who may have just peaked. Fox is good competition to push the guys already on the roster. We all have our opinions on who should make the official roster. Ultimately, it's Staley's decision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X