Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers sign DT Morgan Fox

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #37
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

    Now that the Bolts have Mack at the other edge, if they rotate Merrill with Tillery/Fox once in a while, Fireplug Forrest might actually show a few MORE flashes...
    Merrill needs to drastically improve his lateral mobility to be an NFL player.

    Comment


    • #38
      Originally posted by equivocation View Post

      Merrill needs to drastically improve his lateral mobility to be an NFL player.
      Yeah, Forrest isn't a pass rusher. He wins his fights in a phone booth (small area). Short yardage D specialist , DT depth. Practice squad.

      Bash - A Johnson- Covington- Fox- Tillery- Tito ?

      Comment


      • #39
        Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

        Yeah, Forrest isn't a pass rusher. He wins his fights in a phone booth (small area). Short yardage D specialist , DT depth. Practice squad.

        Bash - A Johnson- Covington- Fox- Tillery- Tito ?
        You need lateral agility to cover your gap responsibilities in run D too.

        Comment


        • #40
          Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          My analysis determined that he will NOT be the white guy wearing 97 for us.
          more to come....
          I'm hoping he wears #75 because Fox is my last name and #75 was my high school football number. Then I'd have an excuse to buy another Charger jersey - not that I really need one.

          He'll probably end up with a 90-something number though.

          Comment


          • #41
            Also I think the shake up of DL coaches may have something to do with not playing favorites in the camp battles.

            Comment


            • #42
              Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Also I think the shake up of DL coaches may have something to do with not playing favorites in the camp battles.
              Jay Rodgers was the DL coach when Brandon was OLB coach in Chi. Could be Jay has a better understanding of what Staley wants from IDL & the language Staley uses.

              ps: Rodgers was awarded the NFL's top DL Coach honors when Staley was there..
              Last edited by sonorajim; 05-19-2022, 07:32 PM.

              Comment


              • #43
                Originally posted by equivocation View Post

                You need lateral agility to cover your gap responsibilities in run D too.
                Plus, it helps if u don't have T-rex arms...

                Comment


                • #44
                  Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                  Also I think the shake up of DL coaches may have something to do with not playing favorites in the camp battles.
                  The coaches and players alike need to be on notice--we're in it to win it...and favoritism has no place here...

                  Comment


                  • #45
                    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

                    That's okay,
                    many people here want him to gain 40 pounds and trade Tillery for a punter.
                    I thought the were trying Tillery out at RT

                    Comment


                    • #46
                      Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

                      Yeah, Forrest isn't a pass rusher. He wins his fights in a phone booth (small area). Short yardage D specialist , DT depth. Practice squad.

                      Bash - A Johnson- Covington- Fox- Tillery- Tito ?
                      He’s practice squad for sure.

                      Comment


                      • #47
                        Originally posted by Topcat View Post

                        Plus, it helps if u don't have T-rex arms...
                        big t rex GIF

                        Comment


                        • #48
                          Someone posted this in another forum but Fox has 7th highest double team rate.. not great win rate. But eats up double teams which should help our other guys.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X