Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
    Jacoby is so bad, he makes Patrick Goodman look like a smart return man
    and John and even Richard....

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I am stunned that Jones has not been given his walking papers. The guy is junk.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        I am stunned that Jones has not been given his walking papers. The guy is junk.
        With a team that stashes Donald Brown on the inactive list every game, why would you be surprised? The anomaly seems to be that Cox got cut after one year.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Review this link below and I am sure the coaching staff has reviewed the film. So why in the hell is Jacoby Jones still returning kicks and punts. Also Donald Butler needs to be benched when the other LB or healthy and cut at the end of the season. Carrethers needs to start period. Panago Defensive Schemes or Defenseless Schemes are horrible. See for your self.

Here are the plays that the San Diego Chargers are kicking themselves for as their lick their wounds and try and forget about losing to the Oakland Raiders at home.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
            Review this link below and I am sure the coaching staff has reviewed the film. So why in the hell is Jacoby Jones still returning kicks and punts. Also Donald Butler needs to be benched when the other LB or healthy and cut at the end of the season. Carrethers needs to start period. Panago Defensive Schemes or Defenseless Schemes are horrible. See for your self.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015...aiders-at-home
            While nobody could possibly argue that we got our asses kicked and some (most?) of those clips are painful to watch, the guys on that site have zero clue as to what they are looking at. Broad proclamations on how guys are messing up their assignments when they don't know what the players assignment was is just wild ass guessing and is really useless.

Comment

• Sec-E4
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2014
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

The Thread Title is mis leading...Sounds like Jacoby is on Suicide Watch

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                While nobody could possibly argue that we got our asses kicked and some (most?) of those clips are painful to watch, the guys on that site have zero clue as to what they are looking at. Broad proclamations on how guys are messing up their assignments when they don't know what the players assignment was is just wild ass guessing and is really useless.

Problem is they aren't wrong. The mistakes they are highlighting are pretty basic. Jones runs a kickoff back from 9 yards deep in the endzone. Is there any football coach in the WORLD who thinks that is a good idea? Then he not only brings it out, but he extends the period he is in the endzone by coming out at an angle, giving the coverage team even more time to get downfield, while he gains almost no positive yardage. Jones is right in the sense that he doesn't want to be pinned along the sideline, but if you have to run at a 45 degree angle for 20 yards to get back into the middle of the field, it is not a kick you should be returning anyway. He made his first cut to make a defender miss at the 3, if the cut isn't close to the 20, you shouldn't have brought it out in the first place.

I would give Phillips somewhat of a pass. Mack is probably the best run defending OLB/DE in football right now, to think he could have blocked Mack by himself. He did get help on the double team from Johnson, but Johnson has to block the ILB on the combo, so he isn't going to sustain it (or the ILB will get the tackle). That play really failed because the interior OL didn't get off any of their interior combos (the staple of the inside zone), and their DL did a great job of keeping their LB clean inside.

The screen play failed because everyone in their mother knew it was coming. DO you really expect Robinson and Fluker to be able to match up athletically with a couple of LB out in space? A screen works because you surprise the D, and the blockers can then get a lone DB/LB off the RB. But if the D reads it, and everyone reacts to it, there isn't much you can do at that point.

On the lead play, Butler actually did his job of taking on the FB in his gap. The problem is Ingram getting miles upfield was in no position to squeeze the play down. Everyone else had their gaps in the front 7, but Ingram leaves a mile of real estate with no one to play the gap. He gave up a lot of yardage vs the Raiders getting too far upfield trying to get a great jump on the ball, but allowed the Raiders to run inside him all day long.

The one I do disagree with is the Butler one. Sure, if you knew it was going to be a pass, you would take Butler off for another DB, but you can't just throw on new DB every time. I highly doubt Williams knows the run responsibilities to be a sub MLB. We may have a backup S who does, or Jimmy Williams (who is probably been worse then Butler), but you can't take all the LB off the field. Plus, you lose the blitz threat of a LB. We were in our dime package, not many defenses can play with zero LB.

I don't get the Carrethers comment at all. I mean, he played OK, and a lot of snaps. But the interior DL is not so much the problem. They could all do a better job of getting off of blocks, but it hasn't been a disaster inside. The OLB are just not playing well this season. There is no way to sugar coat it. Bad run fits, not setting the edge. Emmanuel loves to dive at people, which is nice in college because it gives the illusion that you are putting in the effort, but mostly it gets you off your feet and takes you out of the play sooner. Ingram is just proving he is a major disappointment, which is too bad because he is finally starting to show something as a pass rusher.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

And you guys make fun of me for my "Steve-like abilities" line.

Thanks Steve. Great breakdown.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

OK, he's still on the team? WTF?

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I don't see the team just outright benching the players and giving time to any of the youngsters until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, so maybe mid to late November if that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                        The Thread Title is mis leading...Sounds like Jacoby is on Suicide Watch
                        Thread title is misleading because it is missing an N.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Jones isn't leaving any time soon if you watch the q&a video of McCoy on chargers.com. he kept mentioning (quite a few times) that we had our best returns last Sunday but they were called back due to penalty.

Comment

Working...
                          X