• Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Four things heard on the radio broadcast before, during and after the game

First off, none of these are excuses, just points for discussion. Prior to the game, Nick Hardwick mentioned Eric Weddle's comments earlier in the week about always being in the film room before and after practice and available to younger players who want to learn, but not many take advantage.

After the game Hardwick said both the offensive and defensive lines seem to be counter punching instead initiating the contact.

Hardwick I think was also the one who said Norv used to say there are three types of players on a team, the ones who study, work hard, lead and give you 110%, those in the middle who work, study and basically do what they have to and those who complain, and do just what they need to do to get by. When the team is winning, the ones in the middle join the guys who give 110% and when the team is losing, they tend to side with the complainers.

After the game, Cory Liuget said "A player-driven team is better than a coach driven" team.

All of these comments sound to me like in Norv's scenario the middle-of-the-road guys are siding with complainers right now. I think Liuget is right (confirmed by my retired OC friend). Some players besides Rivers need to step up and show some leadership, preferably the biggest badass (if there is one) on the team who others know will kick their butts if they are slacking.

One final note which Den60 mentioned in I think the stadium thread IMO cannot be overlooked. Regardless what anyone says, the uncertainty of moving to LA has to be in the back of the minds of everyone including the players and coaches. As Den mentioned, Belichick said it was extremely hard to coach in Cleveland not knowing where they would be playing the next year.

Like I said, no excuses. Just putting some topics out there.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Burn it all down!!!!

No talk just start lighting matches to light torches!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Time to burn this downs
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X