• Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Aliens

What ever happened to the whole Aliens WR's vibe ??

Were they aiming at never being seen like a UFO?!
    Last edited by Sec-E4; 10-27-2015, 04:35 PM.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Most yac in the NFL with over 1300 yards, most receptions through 7 games, 2nd in receiving yards (not sure on the last one.

Special for sure, Alien special? Well these days Sigorni Weaver ain't hard to beat...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Sec-E4
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2014
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

I'm talking about the Aliens, Not the Alien

They kept bragging about how different and talented this group is

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

With the exception of Keenan Alien, the only thing they are alien to is catching passes.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Leading the NFL in yac is not different?
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

All that YAC is because we've been behind

That YAC means as much to me as having a 10" cock but having a bigger belly

I was at the Raider game and it was the worst Vibe

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Being behind or ahead has little to do with a nickname for a position group. My answer to your post was YAC and reception basicly. The lack of run defence, Flowers ability to cover and our atrocious special teams have nothing to do with your thread as posted.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                All that YAC is because we've been behind

That YAC means as much to me as having a 10" cock but having a bigger belly

I was at the Raider game and it was the worst Vibe
                I honestly think we rely on YAC too much. We throw so many short passes and hope that someone breaks a big gain - which doesn't seem to happen all that much. They are high percentage and kind of take the place of our running game as far as ball control goes so I guess with our lack of deep speed and no running game so far that this is the best they can come up with.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Our pass protection sucks and until it gets better, Rivers is getting the ball out quickly as opposed to looking to make the best throw possible/hurt the D. I don't think our RB are bad, but if they keep getting hit behind the line, they can't get any yardage. It all goes hand in hand. Our coaches have done a great job of covering up the fact that our OL sucks, but there is only so far that can go, and we are well past that.

The fact that the D is not very good in the front 7 really makes it a whole lot worse, despite the fact that I think we have the makings of a decent pass rush. The lack of discipline/gap control among the front 7 is destroying the D.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

If a WR runs a 4.4/40 it will take him 2.2 secs to get 20 yards down field, if he gets off the line clean. Add in a few tenths for him to make his cut and turn around, so lets call it 2.5 secs. Our Oline can't protect that long, so we are left with a short passing game and hoping for YAC.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

You are also wrong about how far you can go in 2.2 seconds. It is probably more like 15 yards, because you have to accelerate from being stationary. The last 10 yards of the 40 is the fastest. The 1st 10 is far slower. And regardless of how long it takes, you still have to give time to get the defenders out of position, or they are still right next to the receiver.

The problem is that there are still 11 defenders within 10 yards of the line. How much can they really do if the defender is right there to tackle the WR/TE/RB? Our OL needs to provide more time to allow more/different route combinations. You can move the ball with short passing, but that doesn't mean that you are throwing all the right kinds of passes/routes that are going to make plays. We are making chicken soup with chicken feathers. We might be able to get by without a good OL, but it doesn't mean we won't suffer, and we play badly in too many other areas to overcome it just by having Rivers throw fast.

I always fail to understand how people think that a team can totally suck in one area and they like to rationalize that it won't have any impact. Maybe for a team that is really good, but we are bad in several areas. How do you think we suck on the OL and it won't haunt us? It is the kind of thing we would be able to overcome as a team, provided we play disciplined D, and ran the ball. But the line is even worse run blocking then pass blocking (not uncommon when the whole line sucks) and we give up too many big plays on D because young players like to do their own thing and not play their assignments.

This is a year we went for a youth movement and it is killing us. That and continued poor FA signings.
                      Last edited by Steve; 10-28-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        You are also wrong about how far you can go in 2.2 seconds. It is probably more like 15 yards, because you have to accelerate from being stationary. The last 10 yards of the 40 is the fastest. The 1st 10 is far slower. And regardless of how long it takes, you still have to give time to get the defenders out of position, or they are still right next to the receiver.

The problem is that there are still 11 defenders within 10 yards of the line. How much can they really do if the defender is right there to tackle the WR/TE/RB? Our OL needs to provide more time to allow more/different route combinations. You can move the ball with short passing, but that doesn't mean that you are throwing all the right kinds of passes/routes that are going to make plays. We are making chicken soup with chicken feathers. We might be able to get by without a good OL, but it doesn't mean we won't suffer, and we play badly in too many other areas to overcome it just by having Rivers throw fast.

I always fail to understand how people think that a team can totally suck in one area and they like to rationalize that it won't have any impact. Maybe for a team that is really good, but we are bad in several areas. How do you think we suck on the OL and it won't haunt us? It is the kind of thing we would be able to overcome as a team, provided we play disciplined D, and ran the ball. But the line is even worse run blocking then pass blocking (not uncommon when the whole line sucks) and we give up too many big plays on D because young players like to do their own thing and not play their assignments.

This is a year we went for a youth movement and it is killing us. That and continued poor FA signings.
                        I was just trying to keep it simple. Your statement further strengthens my point. We can't block long enough for ANY deep threat to get down field and down field is defined as 20 yards or further in this case.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X