• BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

NFL Town Hall Meeting

No one made a thread on this?

I couldn't go but I listened on the radio and then the NFL.com live stream.

Attendance was poor but it was entertaining with several great passionate speeches. The Rams fans that spoke I think made a ton of sense.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We discussed in the overall Stadium thread. My guess is that the board is as apathetic or pathetic to that meeting.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

My opinion is the meeting was a waste of time but did allow the fans to blow off steam. I believe the NFL already knows what they're going to do and this is simply a "mark the checkbox" exercise.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Well I emailed my comments. I figured it was a waste of time too but at the minimum the input will be made available to the owners who will be the ones to actually vote on this issue.

I believe the point being hammered home that LA does not want the Chargers is something those owners should consider. The Rams have the best project and the best brand and the most money in order to succeed in LA. The Chargers would be like the Clippers and remain irrelevant until they can actually win and build their brand in LA, that is not a recipe to succeed in a fickle market where they have failed in the past. The Rams return would generate excitement while the Chargers moving would be met by groans.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          Well I emailed my comments. I figured it was a waste of time too but at the minimum the input will be made available to the owners who will be the ones to actually vote on this issue.

I believe the point being hammered home that LA does not want the Chargers is something those owners should consider. The Rams have the best project and the best brand and the most money in order to succeed in LA. The Chargers would be like the Clippers and remain irrelevant until they can actually win and build their brand in LA, that is not a recipe to succeed in a fickle market where they have failed in the past. The Rams return would generate excitement while the Chargers moving would be met by groans.
          Good work!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            My opinion is the meeting was a waste of time but did allow the fans to blow off steam. I believe the NFL already knows what they're going to do and this is simply a "mark the checkbox" exercise.
            Agreed.

Comment

• FiftyFive
              Dean Spanos is a traitor!
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Fabiani getting booed:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

And you have two programs going in opposite directions. Don't see much cause for optimism with the Chargers. Rams have Gurley and a D that can get it done. Get a QB (admittedly easier said than done) and a few more pieces on O and they look pretty damn good.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                  Fabiani getting booed:

I thought the fans were remarkably civil considering what was happening up there. Fibs should not have been allowed to speak. This was a fan forum, not a team platform to keep spewing the same tired garbage Fibs has been shoveling out.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I don't think you could pay me enough money to do that. Some people just don't give a shit.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

The only risk I see the Chargers would be taking by working with the city's plan is possibly not being first to LA. The risk involved is just the timeline as far as I know.

I really don't understand why if they covet LA so much that they waited until someone else has a real possibility of moving that they then react by trying to beat them there.

Sure they need a new stadium, and they have a city that agrees and wants to work toward a solution finally, but the contention that a team in LA is such a threat that they want to join them is just moronic. Does any fan actually believe that story? The reality is being lame in LA paid off for the Clippers and they think if their is a team in LA they can't get a stadium because they have lost leverage.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I really don't understand why if they covet LA so much that they waited until someone else has a real possibility of moving that they then react by trying to beat them there.
                        Because that is the nature of this ownership. Reactive. What's an example of them being ahead of the curve? On anything. Ready...go.

Comment

Working...
                        X