Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

RIP Earnie Zampese

Ernie Zampese, whose innovative offensive philosophy and emphasis on the passing game was decades ahead of its time, has died at the age of 86.

RIP

Maybe you old-timers can speak to him and his impact better than I.
    I just know he's had a huge impact on NFL offenses, particularly with us, the Rams, Cowboys and Patriots.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

From The Athletic:

Longtime NFL coach Ernie Zampese has died. He was 86.

Zampese was the recent recipient of an inaugural Award of Excellence from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He spent 24 years as an NFL coach and was known for building impressive offenses.

He spent the bulk of his career serving as an offensive coordinator for the Rams and Cowboys. He won a Super Bowl with Dallas 1995 and the team ranked in the top five in total offense in two of his four seasons. The Rams finished in top 10 in passing yards in five of his seven seasons leading their offense.

Zampese also guided the Patriots’ offense in 1998 and 1999.

He worked with Don Coryell, recently named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2023, in 1986 with the Chargers as well as John Robinson, Joe Gibbs, Barry Sanders and Pete Carroll during his career.

Zampese’s son, Ken Zampese, is the quarterbacks coach for the Washington Commanders.

(Photo: Barry Chin / The Boston Globe via Getty Images)
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

He had the Rams' offense rolling in 1989. They knocked out a very good Giants team in the playoffs, and gave the 49ers, one of the greatest teams of all time, all they could handle that regular season. Jim Everett looked like a superstar in that offense.

Norv Turner was the wide receivers coach under Zampese with the Rams. I think that's who Norv learned the most from.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

I interviewed Zampese several times. A very cordial man who was generous with his time.

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

He was one of the best offensive minds ever. RIP Ernie.

Comment

Working...
          X