Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Chase Daniels > Josh Dobbs
    MAYBE 10 years ago but today, not close.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      We wont be playing backups unless we have the win in hand. Staley seems to believe in finish it strong so your confidence is solid going into the playoffs. Plus that the higher seed i getting you a lesser team to play. Although between kc and buff and cincy im not sure which is the worse of the 3.

The Jax owner is from the UK so could have been quite jetlagged since UK would have been 5-6 hours ahead of EST.

We just have to earn the win. Jax has been inconsistent even in their win streak and the Titans showed us how you limit their O to 13 points. Its their D that win them the game when it came down to it but frankly Tenn offense especially with Dobbs was very basic and only Henry was who you really had to stop.

Herb is 10x the passer of dobbs so I think we hold up much better plus Ek running/catching is a very different play style to manage than Henry. Our D has had major changes in play too so I like that matchup a lot better than earlier in the year. Throw in we are just a better travel team.

Job 1 is go beat up on Denver to put Wilson into doubt even more. I want this streak to keep going…5 on the way to 9. One game at a time…we are peaking just right.
      If Baltimore loses i can see our starters playing half.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I am reasonably confident the Chargers will clinch the #5 seed and travel to Jax and beat the Jags in the wildcard round. I'm also reasonably sure the Ravens and whomever the #7 seed is will lose to Cinn/Buff in the wildcard round. This sets up the Chargers @ Chiefs in two weeks in the divisional round. That is why I'm checking the weather in KC two weeks from now. I'm reasonably sure that is where the Chargers will be.

What happens in or beyond a divisional round game in KC I cannot predict. The Chargers won't be favored if they indeed play in KC in two weeks, but the Chargers are capable of playing toe to toe with the Chiefs and are capable of winning. It will be 50-50 going forward. The Chargers can play with the Bengals and or the Bills and or the 49ers, but it will take some good fortune to beat any of these teams.
        Harbaugh is resting a bunch of starters
        Dobbins, Mark Andrews, Zeitler the OG and even Huntly the QB

I think Harbaugh wants a rested team over a possibly home game. Hell beating the Bengals was going to be tough as it is

Staley should have a good idea 2:45PM ET when he has to set the inactives - what is happening in cincinnati

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Baltimore loses i can see our starters playing half.
          If Baltimore loses
          Ekeler - rest him
          Mack - rest him
          Bosa - get him snaps
          herbert - a couple series and he and Linsley take a seat
          James - rest him

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Baltimore loses
            Ekeler - rest him
            Mack - rest him
            Bosa - get him snaps
            James - rest him
            Here's the thing. Herbert finally has a win-loss record over .500, barely. If Herbert starts the game, then sits and Daniel/Stick lose the game, Herbert gets the loss.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Here's the thing. Herbert finally has a win-loss record over .500, barely. If Herbert starts the game, then sits and Daniel/Stick lose the game, Herbert gets the loss.
              I doubt Herbert will be sat... he's still on a starting streak, and win-loss, even important that it is, is a career long stat. Streaks once broken, tough to come back.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Not sure thats a consideration for whether he plays the whole game or not. Id guess not. Depends on how much ahead we are as well. If they want to sit him for a half, open up the offense and scores points early.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Looks like Bengals coming out with 1st teamers on O.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

On the Bills game. opening with a 96 yd TD Kickoff Return by the Bills. They are amped.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

So if the Ravens lose, do they play at Cincinnati again next week?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        So if the Ravens lose, do they play at Cincinnati again next week?
                        Bills could lose, that would put them in the #3 seed, Bengals move up the the #2, so Ravens would play the Bills.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Baltimore loses
                          Ekeler - rest him
                          Mack - rest him
                          Bosa - get him snaps
                          James - rest him
                          James and Bosa have hardly played. They don’t need rest, they need snaps.

Comment

Working...
                          X