• Send PM

He made tough catches look easy.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Wish Malcolm could have gone out better than this and at least finished out the season. At least he had a big game the week before.

Such a humble guy on and off the field. One of my favorite Chargers of all time.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        Wish Malcolm could have gone out better than this and at least finished out the season. At least he had a big game the week before.

Such a humble guy on and off the field. One of my favorite Chargers of all time.
        Yup. Pure class. The League needs more like him.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Will miss him.

Thanks for the memories.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 57m57 minutes ago
            Chargers WR Malcom Floyd suffered torn labrum Monday night, per source. TBD if this ends season. Floyd, 34, has called 2015 his last.
            If he tore his labrum they have to reattach it by inserting plugs into the bone. Minimum 6-8 weeks for that to heal.

Comment

• Sec-E4
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2014
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Hats off to the Real "Pretty Boy Floyd "

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

San Diego Chargers RUMORS: Malcom Floyd Will Attempt To Play Through Injury
                By Henry Buggy | Nov 11, 2015 09:47 AM EST

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd tore his labrum against the Bears, but will attempt to play through it as this is his last NFL season.
                San Diego Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd tore his labrum against the Chicago Bears on Monday night, and will attempt to rehab and play through it this season, according to NFL reporter Ian Rapoport.

The 34-year-old receiver was the teams' third-leading receiver with 409 yards and three touchdowns this season. Floyd said this will be his last season in the NFL, and he has been a dynamic player in the league for 10 seasons. The Chargers receiver has played his entire career in San Diego, and has 5,398 career receiving yards with 34 touchdowns.

Losing Floyd could be a huge blow for San Diego, as they have already lost wide receiver Keenan Allen, who the team has already placed him on season-ending injured reserve due to a kidney injury. San Diego fell to 2-7 after losing to the Bears, 22-19, on Monday night, and the team will have to play for pride as they are a long shot to contend for the playoffs.

"At this point, I think you play for respect...of the other guys in the locker room," said quarterback Philip Rivers, via the Associated Press. "I really think there's nothing worth past it than that. That's why I'm going to show up and continue to go because we have 16 of them and because I want to make sure that I continue to earn and have that from those other guys in there. So, I hope the rest of us will do the same."

San Diego has lost five straight games, and will need to fix multiple issues they've been faced with during the upcoming bye week. The Chargers face the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 22, and it will be interesting to see if Floyd will be able to play. The Chargers veteran receiver will look to finish his NFL career on the field, but that will all depend on how he recovers from this injury.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Very admirable of Floyd but IMO he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I believe that Verrett tried to play though the same thing last year and didn't finish the next game. As long as he doesn't have to move his arm above his head, make any sudden movements with it or get hit he should be fine.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                      I believe that Verrett tried to play though the same thing last year and didn't finish the next game. As long as he doesn't have to move his arm above his head, make any sudden movements with it or get hit he should be fine.
                      True, it's not like he needs any of that to play WR.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        True, it's not like he needs any of that to play WR.
                        I suffered from an undiagnosed labral tear in my right hip for 37 years. I would get unpredictable, intense pain anytime the tear moved. Got worse when I hit some marbles skiing and did the splits. From that point on the pain was worse and more often until I literally couldn't take 3 steps without doubling over. I just don't see how you can play football with something like that. The way Floyd goes all out for balls is just going to make that tear worse and it will likely detach. Can see him being a higher risk for fumbling because of it.

While I have always admired Floyd for his courage on the field I really don't think this team is going anywhere with him or without him. And I really don't think he can go for more that a few games without finally going on IR.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I agree and I think Floyd has served this team admirably. It is well within reason he could call it a career now.

Comment

Working...
                          X