• Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    My three things to look at for the rest of the season:

Pisspipes
    Grillbutts
    Jailnuts
    How long is your sentence?, and how bad was the joke?
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Telling stat: Jason Verrett has more TDs than Mehlvin Gordon.
      Verret had a head start...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Verret had a head start...
        Yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Verret has been fully used as a starter from day one, Gordon has been back burnered because he is not as good at what Reich wants to do in his rookie year. Ie run like Woodhead or Sproles with the build of AP.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Verret has been fully used as a starter from day one, Gordon has been back burnered because he is not as good at what Reich wants to do in his rookie year. Ie run like Woodhead or Sproles with the build of AP.
            Well, one guy's job is to make TDs, the other guy's job is to prevent them.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Surprised it wasn't more.

However, it is that time of the season for Andy Reid to "Andy Reid" a game... just got everyone thinking they are good again, after beating the qb-less Broncos.

I wouldn't be surprised if the chargers win this one. Not expecting it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It's been a rough season but all the negativity is beginning to wear and I have done some of it. I want to support these guys as long as they remain in SD. I'm disappointed and have my issues with management's personnel moves, coaching and players on the field. But I want to stay behind them and watch how the young guys develop.

Guys on here always mention how slim the difference is between winning and losing in the NFL. We're not getting trounced every week. We're losing by pretty small margins despite ridiculous injury wave and poor game planning. Better health and a few key moves and we could be right back in the mix next year.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  It's been a rough season but all the negativity is beginning to wear and I have done some of it. I want to support these guys as long as they remain in SD. I'm disappointed and have my issues with management's personnel moves, coaching and players on the field. But I want to stay behind them and watch how the young guys develop.

Guys on here always mention how slim the difference is between winning and losing in the NFL. We're not getting trounced every week. We're losing by pretty small margins despite ridiculous injury wave and poor game planning. Better health and a few key moves and we could be right back in the mix next year.
                  For sure. Without several injuries we would likely have a winning record right now. We had a few games where mid-game injures, I believe, cost us the game. Verrett in the Bears game. If he stays in, no way Alshon Jeffery goes off like that. Keenan Allen in the Green Bay game. There was another, but I'm forgetting it at the moment.

It's a somewhat fatalist philosophy, but I think a lot of what happens in the NFL boils down to simple entropy. The league is ultra-competitive and with so much parody, it seems like seasons hinge on random breaks. A bad call, an injury, an opponents injury or lack thereof all can dictate the result of a game. IMO, the only way to not be at the mercy of these whims is to have a really good roster and competent coaching, which is not sustainable in a realistic sense. Every team's success should be cyclical like that. I still don't know what the hell Belicheat does to win so much more than the league average, if he's not cheating. I don't see how they get such an edge over everyone else, which is why the cheating really does seem to fit with them.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    . I still don't know what the hell Belicheat does to win so much more than the league average, if he's not cheating. I don't see how they get such an edge over everyone else, which is why the cheating really does seem to fit with them.
                    He's a good coach who doesn't put up with any bullshit. There is a culture of winning. There is ownership that is supportive and has a good, clear vision. They've been exceedingly astute in personnel decisions and accumulating draft picks. They're ahead of the curve. We're almost always behind it.

Comment

• Highboltage
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

They execute and tackle.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

So simple, yet nobody else can replicate it for an extended period. In a league that is results driven, with big money and big consequences, seems odd to have an outlier like that. Or perhaps everything is so even, so competitive, that they've found and exploit advantages, some of which are on record as being illegal.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
                          They execute and tackle.
                          Another thing they do, but certainly a function of coaching, culture and personnel decisions.

Comment

Working...
                          X