POLL: T-Billy Waived by Raiders. Should We Sign Him?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So if he was a model citizen and had magical numbers and great chemistry, why was he cut from us AND 6 other teams? Still waiting for you to give me an answer. There is something wrong with him, that is about the only conclusive thing about him.
    Again, I am not sure what part of that being totally irrelevant you do not get. There was nothing wrong with him when he was allowed to play for us with Herbert as his QB--get it?

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Tyron Johnson MAY have attitude issues but NO ONE knows this for sure. What we DO know is that he worked well with Justin in his limited snaps. But come on...Moore over TBilly? That is riDICulous!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
        Tyron Johnson MAY have attitude issues but NO ONE knows this for sure. What we DO know is that he worked well with Justin in his limited snaps. But come on...Moore over TBilly? That is riDICulous!
        I simply ask why he keeps getting cut and nobody can answer it. In a league where coaches and GMs are judged by how many games they win and not a single team thinks he can help them or even wants him on the practice squad at this point. To pretend none of that is relevant is simply burying ones head in the sand because we all know there is a reason why - we just don't know what it is.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I simply ask why he keeps getting cut and nobody can answer it. In a league where coaches and GMs are judged by how many games they win and not a single team thinks he can help them or even wants him on the practice squad at this point. To pretend none of that is relevant is simply burying ones head in the sand because we all know there is a reason why - we just don't know what it is.
          Its obviously because he isn’t that good and NFL talent evaluators see it but some folks in a message board think they know better than multiple teams coaches.

He is not the answer to the Chargers problems.

Pop Tv Ronnielee GIF by Schitt's Creek

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

So if he was a model citizen and had magical numbers and great chemistry, why was he cut from us AND 6 other teams? Still waiting for you to give me an answer. There is something wrong with him, that is about the only conclusive thing about him.
            the question you are not answering for the all of us, is.... if you are so certain that he could be "troubled youth," or the like, are you then not inclined to sign him for that reason ??

are we not willing to work w/someone ?? do we not have a staff psychologist ?? this League has plenty of players w/a spotted/troubled past.... is that too much for the Chargers to take on by your take ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the question you are not answering for the all of us, is.... if you are so certain that he could be "troubled youth," or the like, are you then not inclined to sign him for that reason ??

are we not willing to work w/someone ?? do we not have a staff psychologist ?? We... is that too much for the Chargers to take on by your take ??
              Yes but they aren't on our team. We have had very few so I assume they had done some special research to allow them on this team.

I've no idea what is up with Tyron. Not sure he is a character issue type.
              Yes he did fine with us as did many WRs with Rivers who weren't back with us.

I assumed Tyron would be back with us but for some reason he wasn't and 25% of the league has confirmed he isn't all that.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

He remains unsigned and there are plenty of teams needing WR help…something is up with that…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

are we not willing to work w/someone ?? do we not have a staff psychologist ?? this League has plenty of players w/a spotted/troubled past.... is that too much for the Chargers to take on by your take ??
                  I am not certain what is wrong with him. Somebody here posted a rumor a while back that he had attitude problems and questioned his work ethic, but I have no idea if it is true or not. If that is true, no I don't want a guy like that on the roster. I am aware of the stats he did in his brief time here and with numbers like that, one would think teams would be jumping all over themselves to improve their roster. Yet they aren't. We had him and cut him for a reason and that reason was NOT to weaken our team. The Raiders cut him and signed 30 year old journeyman WR Albert Wilson to replace him. Since I have no idea why nobody wants him on their roster or even their practice squad it is hard to conclude if we should or shouldn't try and salvage him.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

if it is true that he has attitude problems then I'm also not good with having him back. but that is not confirmed. the only confirmed thing we have with TBilly was how he performed in his limited snaps with Justin. Maybe he just doesnt mesh well with non-great QBs, maybe he IS a diva, maybe he IS a malcontent...but just dont know any of that for sure.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

T-billy has been on the market for a week now and he's still unsigned. As Richpjr has pointed out several times, there must be something wrong with him we don't know about. I initially thought we should grab him but now that he is available and no one is signing him, I'm thinking we should pass.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

my suspicion is that he is a troubled young man on some level, and.... that is not reason enough to pass on him.

growth opportunity for the both of Staley and Herbert, for the if and when the either of 'em might've had a problem/challenge w/him.

and know it hasn't been the Chargers way, and.... don't think that is Staley's forte, just would hope that there are peoples on staff and on the team that can help TBilly out, as it is clear that he was productive for us, and that we are lacking in that department atm.

tough call, and.... would give the guy a second chance, or @least bring him in for a sit down ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

my suspicion is that he is a troubled young man on some level, and.... that is not reason enough to pass on him.

growth opportunity for the both of Staley and Herbert, for the if and when the either of 'em might've had a problem/challenge w/him.

and know it hasn't been the Chargers way, and.... don't think that is Staley's forte, just would hope that there are peoples on staff and on the team that can help TBilly out, as it is clear that he was productive for us, and that we are lacking in that department atm.

tough call, and.... would give the guy a second chance, or @least bring him in for a sit down ??
                          It's very hard to make a definitive statement without knowing what, if anything, is the issue with him. The Chargers have seem to place a high value on character and are never going to take a flyer on a player like Kareem Hunt or Antonio Brown. Maybe he has no issues at all and teams strictly are passing on him, not believing he offers enough as a WR. Just speculation...

Comment

Working...
                          X