Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but the Donkeys can eat a bag of dicks. They are going down and none of you naysayers get any extra points if they don’t. Not sure why you do it, actually. A bunch of bad harbinger spreaders spritzing bad juju all over our team … wish you’d all stop it but its a free country and Fleet is a Great American!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      I just watched some All--22 vs CLE.

Let me tell you, I am embarassingly optimistic.

Our offensive line, all five of them are starting to hum.

They are starting to getting their combo blocks down.

They are doing very advanced things (see Zion/Jamaree) in both the running game and the passing game.

The idea of Herbert having a real running attack to work with, is so tantalizing.

DEN's stellar D is about to give up 2hunny to Mr. Ekeler + Mr. Kelley.

Those Kelley screens you savor are only the beginning in a long streak.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Just going to put this here because I found this very encouraging against the browns and I hope it means something going into the bronco game too…

last week the two headed monster cleveland has at RB torched us for 139 yards rushing on the ground in the first half…they finished with 151 yards on the ground but the other 12 yards were from QB scrambles…Note: most of the 139 yards (103) came in the first quarter…

so why is this important?

in the second half the two headed monster got 42 combined yards and our defense only allowed 62 ground yards because QB scramble for 20 yards…I want to focus on hunt and chubbs 42 second half yards, chubb had runs of 14 and 10 yards in half #2 and hun had one 7 yarder, that means the rest of their 2nd half carries netted them 11 yards combined on the rest of their second half carries!!! The chargers threw them for losses of -4, -3, and twice for -1 plus there were several other no gainers too…

so why is this important?

of the combined total 213 yards cleveland rushed for in the game, 32 were gained by brisset on 3 scrambles and 181 were gained by the two headed monster but about 103 of them came in the first 15 minutes of the game, the rest of the game the charger defense held the browns to 78 yards from the RBs with only 42 total in the second half most of which came on three rushes…

so the chargers allowed their backs 103 yards in quarter #1, 36 yards in quarter #2, and then 42 yards in the whole second half! I think this is important because it’s night and day from what we had last year when our defense would allow yards throughout the game…they made adjustments against one of the best running teams in football and were basically able to keep the browns from beating us with the run game as the game wore on…IDK, but I think there are some positives to take away from this, granted they should’ve allowed less yards rushing in the 1st quarter too…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Memo. Hopefully Asante Jr. got it. Keep your head on a swivel. Especially stop and go passes. No one seems to get that that is we brought JC Jackson in for. To prevent Asante being beat.
          Ohhhh! "Memorandum", not "memderadmen". Got it!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Have a look y'all please.
              This is gold.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Better. lol How did you figure it out? Your mobile link is the first link in this image. The red code is the problem. If you copy and paste the green code over the red code your youtube video will show up.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 2.49.30 PM.png

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Good stuff.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Better. lol How did you figure it out? Your mobile link is the first link in this image. The red code is the problem. If you copy and paste the green code over the red code your youtube video will show up.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 2.49.30 PM.png
                    I would also like to say that this is a common issue with mobile. Almost exclusively.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I just watched some All--22 vs CLE.

Let me tell you, I am embarassingly optimistic.

Our offensive line, all five of them are starting to hum.

They are starting to getting their combo blocks down.

They are doing very advanced things (see Zion/Jamaree) in both the running game and the passing game.

The idea of Herbert having a real running attack to work with, is so tantalizing.

DEN's stellar D is about to give up 2hunny to Mr. Ekeler + Mr. Kelley.

Those Kelley screens you savor are only the beginning in a long streak.

I wonder if Freak has warmed up to Kelly...

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

very interesting how after Chargers were forced to start 2 rookies on OL, our OL got better at least from a run blocking point of view..... though we have been doing it against Texans(28th ranked run defense) and browns (29th ranked run defense)....

BUT , last year and for years before, Chargers have never looked this good at running the ball even against bad rushing defenses..... so we are clearly improving and those 2 rookies look like they have a very bright present and future......

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          Thanks!
                          Now I have to watch it again.
                          All I remember is "we don' need no stinkin' badges!"
                          That’s one of the ultimate examples of a classic movie quote that wasn’t actually the quote. If you watch it, they never say that exact line, even though that’s like everyone quotes. There are others.

The actual quote is: “Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Comment

Working...
                          X