Broncos @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

1. I don’t understand why we can’t have a few blowout wins with the talent on this team. Patriots do every year with half our talent.
    2. Rivers not here anymore, Herbert needs some speed receivers, all we get are tall possession style guys. Go get a speed guy, no wonder Bandy has looked so good with his quickness.
    3. Defense quit making excuses and get your MOJO.
    4. Herbert, as great as you are it is time to step up and start calling out players that aren’t getting it done. Not in the presss, to them directly. Need your leadership, copying everything else Brady does but that part of his game.
    5. Lombardi, call an aggressive attacking game. If you get up don’t let off play calling. Still can run but keep it creative and go down field more with some Herbert roll outs.
    6. DJ playing good, now start playing great. Get in Mr. Int face and challenge him.

Tired of Hearing we are the team to let Wilson get out of his funk, instead let’s dominate them and make them talk about how disappointing they are.
    Chargers win BIG..

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

What's on the menu folks!?!?!

Victory Ceviche and Tri-Tip

Ohhh yaaaa.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
        4. Herbert, as great as you are it is time to step up and start calling out players that aren’t getting it done. Not in the presss, to them directly. Need your leadership, copying everything else Brady does but that part of his game...
        Are you certain he isn't doing this already? If so, how?

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Besides Allen and maybe kicker Hopkins, this is the healthiest the Chargers been all year, except for the IR’s. What’s Chevy’s longest?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Joshua Palmer's been battling knee and ankle dingers? He told this reporter he's feeling the best he has all season and expects to have a break out game tonight.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Joshua Palmer's been battling knee and ankle dingers? He told this reporter he's feeling the best he has all season and expects to have a break out game tonight.

He was limping a bit last game - maybe he healed fast this week.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                WustinSlurbert
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                I'm still salty about that Peyton Manning comeback on MNF from like 10 years ago. I predict a frustratingly close game but I hope we bury them.
                Yup, it still makes me sick to think about. Chargers were winning 24-0 at halftime and Broncos not only shut out the Chargers in the 2nd half, but they score 35 unanswered points in the process. I'd like to think that was Manning's way of getting the Chargers back for having his number back when he was with Indy. I'm glad the Chargers don't have to deal with a motivated Manning anymore.

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Some thoughts with stats:
                  Going into this week...

ESPN has the Charger's scoring defense ranked 30th in the NFL
                  ESPN has the Bronco's scoring offense ranked 31st in the NFL
                  Slight edge to the Chargers, but not encouraging.
                  (Where is the defensive improvement from all the free agent spending?)

ESPN has the Charger's scoring offense ranked 9th in the NFL
                  ESPN has the Bronco's scoring defense ranked tied for 4th in the NFL
                  Edge to the Broncos.
                  More in depth..
                  ESPN has the Chargers passing offense ranked 2nd in the NFL
                  ESPN has the Bronco's passing defense ranked 1st in the NFL.
                  Strength vs strength.
                  ESPN has the Chargers rushing offense ranked tied for 22nd in the NFL
                  ESPN has the Bronco's rushing defense ranked 15th in the NFL

If.....IF the Chargers can run like last week, they win easy.
                  If they have to rely on pure passing, its gonna be tough, very tough.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                    1. I don’t understand why we can’t have a few blowout wins with the talent on this team. Patriots do every year with half our talent.

Tired of Hearing we are the team to let Wilson get out of his funk, instead let’s dominate them and make them talk about how disappointing they are.
                    Chargers win BIG..

Ummm, yeah, they did it back to back with a 3rd string qb and yesterday in Cleveland against a team we were lucky to beat.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/17/josh-allen-bills-peter-king-fmia-week-six/

One other thing these two teams have: excellent organizations to make sure Allen and Mahomes continue to be surrounded by cap-wise, scouting-smart teams. GMs Brandon Beane of the Bills and Brett Veach of Kansas City know how to keep the windows open around good quarterbacks. They know when to take shots—the way Beane and coach Sean McDermott did with Miller last spring.

The last time Buffalo played here, Kansas City scored 42 points, Mahomes threw for 378 yards and KC ran for 182. It was a defensive debacle. After that game, McDermott remembered something he learned as a young coach on Andy Reid’s staff in Philadelphia: Make sure you’re comfortable with each line, offense and defense.

McDermott and Beane liked their young talent on the defensive front. But they both wanted a horse. “We felt like we needed a player, a marquee player, to help us a little bit there for games like this,” McDermott told me after the game. “Blitzing Patrick Mahomes, that’s been well-publicized is not very effective. So you gotta be able to win with your front four.” - Peter King FMIA

IMO, I believe it fair criticism to say the Chargers will not be included in this group until they win the AFC West. Chargers will be tied with KC at 4-2 with a victory this evening (KC owns the tiebreaker 1-0). Jacksonville, who beat the Colts and Chargers are now 2-4 and the Colts also can take the division lead with a win against the Titans.

I love the quote from Andy Reid, thought I'd share. As a Charger fan, this is the first time I'VE been comfortable with the Chargers offensive and defensive lines since the 2006 season. THAT offensive line set the modern rushing TD record in a season.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Bandy and Sarrell elevated.

I'm afraid Linsley won't be able to go.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

sorry, but I’m convinced Chargers lose big tonight. The overly maligned Wilson, Gordon the fumbler, and HC turn it around tonight.

Browns got SMASHED by Patriots yesterday. The same team we barely beat.

it’s a typical scenario for the Chargers….all it takes is a win against a lousy team to ascend the top spot in the division and they crap the bed.

Tomorrow, fans will be foaming for Staley and Lombardi’s scalp.

hope I’m wrong. Go Chargers!!

Comment

Working...
                          X