Official Chargers At Falcons Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    We gave up 5.7 ypr . We are the worst rushing d team in the league by ypr

We need to temper any euphoria over this victory around that reality.
    A lot of people seem to equate our victory over the Falcons with, say, the Jets victory over the Bills. So this "a win is a win" line is tired, old, and kinda inaccurate. We have yet to beat a team a winning record.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

A lot of people seem to equate our victory over the Falcons with, say, the Jets victory over the Bills. So this "a win is a win" line is tired, old, and kinda inaccurate. We have yet to beat a team a winning record.
      That might very well be true but a lot of teams build there record by beating, duh, LOSING teams. Thats how you get a winning record - beat lousy teams. The next two weeks are big time games, SNF against the Niners followed by the Chiefs. But today, they are 5-3 and in the 7th spot.

I might get frustrated during a game but will never say a W is a bad win unles injuries are involved.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

People equate it with the Jets win because it is worth as much as theirs. But that isn’t the only thing tired, old and stale… Ha - couldn’t resist! Just joking.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

PS. Herbert made the “tackle” on the DL following his fumble. Herbie is a tough guy.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            And the Bolt Beatdown for injuries goes on...now it's Austin Johnson with a knee injury...

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...th-knee-injury
            Time to elevate Fehoko.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

A win is a win,....the Jets are 6-3 and the Bills are 6-2. I saw some pundits just last night calling the Bills the best team in football while the Eagles are 8-0. Then the Bills lose to the Jets. They have struggled a few times this season.

I think we could beat the Bills. Granted it would be easier with all our guys lol. We can play with anyone with most our starters back.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-06-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

People equate it with the Jets win because it is worth as much as theirs. But that isn’t the only thing tired, old and stale… Ha - couldn’t resist! Just joking.

But it's really not, rich. Not in my mind, anyway. Oh sure, it's one win, so that's the same. Last time I checked, you can only win (or lose) one game at a time. But the Jets' win was a statement game, something for them to build on going forward. A confidence booster. Our win was another Keystone Cops bumble against yet another bottom feeder team.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Pollyanna's out in full force. But it's all good after a win, I guess.

Need to stop deferring on the coin toss, I know that much. The way we start games, we need every offensive possession we can get.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Falcons were division leaders and playing at home.
                    It was an East coast game.

Chargers played solid football during the closing part of the game.....which is what you want.

Game wasn't gifted.....like a fumbled punt at the end.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Need to stop deferring on the coin toss, I know that much. The way we start games, we need every offensive possession we can get.
                      People tend to be critical of pessimists after a lackluster performance and/or a loss, but it's super cool to be a Pollyanna after a lackluster performance and/or ANY type of win. Go figure.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Derwin James autographs a baby after Chargers' win over Falcons

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

The doom and gloom crowd is going to have to return to their basements for a week.

Relax, they have no confidence in this team and should expect to rally their forces post game next Sunday night.:nod:

Comment

Working...
                          X