Official Chargers At Falcons Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

BTW... Chiefs defense is getting rolled over by Titans Henry. I know it's Henry... but they know he's getting the ball. Titans have a pretty weak receiving corps and a rookie 2nd string QB. Just saying...

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      BTW... Chiefs defense is getting rolled over by Titans Henry. I know it's Henry... but they know he's getting the ball. Titans have a pretty weak receiving corps and a rookie 2nd string QB. Just saying...
      Love to see Jazz Bath get sacked

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Love to see Jazz Bath get sacked
        Jazz Bath...
        POTD

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Dicker the Kicker!!!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

A Win is a Win. Missed the game cause my new work schedule overnight has me off at 7 am. Highlights only. Third game ball for the kicker??? Those are blood pressure games.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Additional information about Herbert being closer to his former self. It has helped open up the playbook a little more, especially things like bootlegs and out of pocket plays.

Chargers QB Justin Herbert looked like himself again and kicker Cameron Dicker delivered the game-winning field goal as time expired.

Justin Herbert looks like himself

Herbert looked as healthy as he has been since he suffered fractured rib cartilage in Week 2. That is the biggest development from this game in terms of the Chargers’ chances to make a postseason run.

Herbert was moving with confidence and poise in the pocket. He was able to step up or escape on a number of crucial plays and make the type of off-platform and off-script plays that have been a staple in his early-career ascendence.

The Chargers fell behind 10-0 in the first quarter. On the next possession, Herbert engineered a 15-play, 83-yard touchdown drive that got the Chargers back into the game. He converted four third downs in the air. On a third-and-15 early in the drive, Herbert climbed the pocket to avoid pressure and delivered a bullet on the run to find Palmer for a first down. This was not a play he was making in the five games after the injury.

“He was very good with his mobility,” Staley said of Herbert. “He really used his legs effectively, and you’re going to have to do that. When your premium guys aren’t out there all the time, you’re going to have to use your legs to create some space and create some time for your guys, and I thought he just played the game the way he needed to play it today.”

The Chargers also got Herbert out of the pocket on a number of designed play-action boots. That was a huge part of their offense last season, and Staley admitted that the Chargers had to move off some of those pocket-movement plays in the weeks after Herbert’s injury.

Comment

• Tol
                From Accounting
                • Mar 2019
                • Carlsbad
                • Send PM

About the double fumble...

I knew the downs reset because I play Madden. - Derwin James
                I didn't know that, and I don't play Madden :lol:
                Well, learned something new.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

We're not even in KC's league right now. Today's win was typical for the entire year: Uninspiring, lackluster performance against a mediocre, at best, opponent. The only thing this win does is help Staley and Telesco save their jobs. Does ANYBODY want that?
                  Yes, I do. I like the guy who drafted Justin Herbert and the coach who has the chargers at 5-3 with a myriad of injuries to frontline starters.

What do you want? A team that wins and looks fancy while doing it?

sitepandawhalecom GIF

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

But it's really not, rich. Not in my mind, anyway. Oh sure, it's one win, so that's the same. Last time I checked, you can only win (or lose) one game at a time. But the Jets' win was a statement game, something for them to build on going forward. A confidence booster. Our win was another Keystone Cops bumble against yet another bottom feeder team.
                    Yep...we stumbled into a win...no way this team is ready to take on multiple good or elite teams and walk away with multiple wins...

Comment

• lightsout42
                      Hire a winning coach
                      • Oct 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yes, I do. I like the guy who drafted Justin Herbert and the coach who has the chargers at 5-3 with a myriad of injuries to frontline starters.

What do you want? A team that wins and looks fancy while doing it?

sitepandawhalecom GIF
                      I would like a team that wins and that is consistent, sound, disciplined, and plays like they can beat good teams.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        It has helped open up the playbook a little more,
                        Lombo only opens up the playbook when we're behind...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                          2022 Chargers = Harry Houdini
                          More like:

Chargers = Keystone Kops...

Hat tip to Smokey

Comment

Working...