• Send PM

Happy Veterans Day To All Who Served

Aloha.....

abstract-dark-blue-metallic-carbon-neutral-vector-43577984 copy.png
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Happy Veterans Day! Thanks for all that served and are currently serving. Also, outside the US, many countries observe this day for its war dead, for the anniversary of the end of World War I. If you haven't seen it, the new version of All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix is a harrowing view of war. This version alters the end of the story, won't spoil it, its just different in the events, and adds a couple of characters that highlights how different war is from the actual fighting.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Thank you Vets.
      Great job.
      We are grateful for your tremendous sacrifices.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

100%
        Thank you for our freedom.
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Here, here! To all our Vets on this board, my undying gratitude and admiration for your service.

Please, anytime you see a vet thank them for their service. You will not believe how many great conversations and friendships I have built by that simple act of gratitude.

And if you have the means, when you see someone in uniform, buy their lunch, their dinner, their beer. I have done this countless times but have learned to keep it anonymous if possible. I bought dinner for a lady army officer in an airport from across the room and she took offense to it, as she thought I had other motives which I did not. But that was one out of a hundred. Most others were very appreciative.

My boss as a young college guy was a former helicopter gunner who served in Viet Nam. The way he was treated when he came home disgusts me. I will continue to do whatever I can to show appreciation to our heroes. Freedom is not free.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Our veterans are the backbone of the country. Much respect to all of them!

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Respect

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I will also humbly offer some unsolicited advice:
                many vets suffer from job-related mental health disorders beyond the stereotyped "PTSD"
                Trauma runs through the body and mind and affects individuals differently.
                All that to say, some vets might get triggered by too big a gesture, so I always recommend a small, quiet but sincere "thank you" and wait a second to make sure it sat well.
                Selfishly thinking about my pops, 21 years in the Navy, most in a submarine and the rest on aircraft carriers.
                he's a great man but he gets really nervous and awkward when good-meaning people simply walk-up to thank him.
                even other (Vietnam) vets will go up to him and sincerely embrace him as tribute to a brotherhood and I can tell he starts having flashbacks in real time.
                so FWIW, please try to consider that.
                Cheers.
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Good words, 21. Good words.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Thanks from a vet to other vets. God bless.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Thank you vets of all services! Our freedom derives from your sacrifices.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        I will also humbly offer some unsolicited advice:
                        many vets suffer from job-related mental health disorders beyond the stereotyped "PTSD"
                        Trauma runs through the body and mind and affects individuals differently.
                        All that to say, some vets might get triggered by too big a gesture, so I always recommend a small, quiet but sincere "thank you" and wait a second to make sure it sat well.
                        Selfishly thinking about my pops, 21 years in the Navy, most in a submarine and the rest on aircraft carriers.
                        he's a great man but he gets really nervous and awkward when good-meaning people simply walk-up to thank him.
                        even other (Vietnam) vets will go up to him and sincerely embrace him as tribute to a brotherhood and I can tell he starts having flashbacks in real time.
                        so FWIW, please try to consider that.
                        Cheers.
                        We can never do too much and we never do enough, it seems, to help veterans. My dad withered away in the hospital at age 55 from an alcoholic's disease. He slowly succumbed to the PTSD, or whatever you want to call it, he suffered most of his life, the result of being captured by the Germans in WWII and the brutality he endured as a POW for almost three years. They didn't have a name for PTSD then. It was just called shell shock. And if you couldn't take it anymore on the front lines and checked in to the hospital, you might get slapped by General Patton and called a coward. We ask a lot of our service men and women, especially those who go into combat. We owe it them to make sure they have best care possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X