Official Chargers At Niners Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Right now I see the future of the chargers O-line as slater, salyer, zion, and pipkins…I think it’s a big mistake to let pipkins go at this point because bringing him back gives us a ton more flexibility on O-line, allow me to explain…

with pipkins on board if linsley decides to retire or suddenly becomes too injury prone and can’t stay on the field we slide salyer in at RG and zion over to center

So in that scenario slater, fieler, zion, salyer, and pipkins is not a bad line up, not my preference but not bad…

also keeping pipkins allows the chargers to save 6.5mil with a 2mil dead cap by either trading or cutting fieler, I’m down on fieler, he went from being one of our best guys last year to one of the lines weakest links this year, he just hasn’t been as good…and certainly not 7mil per year good, that’s for damn sure…

so in my scenario it’s slater, salyer, linsley, zion, and pipkins as my preferred lineup assuming linsley can physically continue at his standards, he has said in the past he will not continue to play if he can’t play up to his standards, he’s no check collecting bulaga, the man has pride in how he earns his money…

as an added bonus, keeping pipkins automatically improves our depth at OT, especially now that we know that (probably as you said) salyer can fill in at either tackle position if needed…

in my scenario you draft the center of the future in 2023 anywhere between rounds 2-4 depending on the board and who’s available…top centers regularly drop into round three, just ask the chiefs if you don’t believe me…OR you draft another Guard in rounds 2-3 and tab zion center of the future in waiting going forward…either way you keep the younger ascending player in pipkins over the older descending player in fieler…I don’t think pipkins will be terribly expensive, I could be wrong, I think the cap savings from fieler will pay pipkins salary 6-7mil per year for pipkins over 3 years might be in the right ballpark, but who know?
    Lock step.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

They weren't. He was credited with 2.5 "stuffs," and for the entire year he has a whopping five tackles for losses. Even so, why was Derwin James, our safety, the leading tackler with 13, six solo, on Sunday? Where was Murray the rest of the night when Elijah Mitchell and Deebo Samuel were running all over us, particularly in the second half? And why does James have 85 tackles and three sacks to Murray's 41 and zero in Murray's third year in the NFL?

I guess our expectations are different. I expect a first-round linebacker we traded up for to be our leading tackler and an impact player on defense. You seem to be satisfied with him making a good play every once in a while.
      Powderblueboy said he had a good game on Sunday. I agree. That's not to say he's now a great LB. He's not. BUT, he had a decent game on Sunday and I take that as reason enough to hope he'll continue to improve.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Powderblueboy said he had a good game on Sunday. I agree. That's not to say he's now a great LB. He's not. BUT, he had a decent game on Sunday and I take that as reason enough to hope he'll continue to improve.
        Technically he said "very good game." I disagree.

And there was a post after his insinuating Murray has been mistreated by the members of this board. He hasn't been. Thus far in his career he hasn't shown why Telesco traded up from the second round back into the first to get him in 2020. Hopefully that changes, but it's his third year, so I doubt it.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Technically he said "very good game." I disagree.

And there was a post after his insinuating Murray has been mistreated by the members of this board. He hasn't been. Thus far in his career he hasn't shown why Telesco traded up from the second round back into the first to get him in 2020. Hopefully that changes, but it's his third year, so I doubt it.
          Technically, he missed most of last year due to an injury so this is more like his second year in terms of experience. He needs to get to the point where he can simply play without thinking - just attack. He did that in college but he hasn't done it with us. He's got the tools - good size and speed, but he's not using it.

He may be a bust, but there's still room for him to come around. I hope he can do that.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Technically, he missed most of last year due to an injury so this is more like his second year in terms of experience. He needs to get to the point where he can simply play without thinking - just attack. He did that in college but he hasn't done it with us. He's got the tools - good size and speed, but he's not using it.

He may be a bust, but there's still room for him to come around. I hope he can do that.
            I hope so, too.

Comment

Working...
            X