• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Like staring into the abyss

Not only does the team suck and likely needs YEARS to repair, your best player's career probably won't last to see it.

I feel like a 15-20 year playoff drought kind of era is upon us. And the saddest part of it all is that recently I can't seem to muster enough of a fuck to even care. Guess you got what you wanted, Spanos.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    I can't seem to muster enough of a fuck to even care.
    Thats the worst part for me.

I used to watch games and then watch them again and again to see who did what all game long. Especially in the trenches. Now the game is almost background noise. Its on but Im usually working, doing chores or cooking.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

I'm with ya...even during the 1-15 season I was glued to every game all season long. This year, it is just on and I am mostly in and out of it. Today I actually left at halftime to go to the store and didn't care how quickly I made it back. I left and it was 10-0 and when I got back it was 10-3, I missed a whole quarter of basically nothing. Fandom is fueled by passion, even if that passion is rooted in anger but unfortunately for me, there is not even that anymore. I just don't give a shit right now. Apathy is the worst thing for any sports organization and right now it is really hard to watch this team...
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

This is heresy, but Rivers needs to go someplace where he can win a SB. Until today, I always thought t would happen here.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Jaywa
          Bosa!
          • Jun 2013
          • Beaverton, OR
          • Tech Support and Community Management
          • Send PM

This board is (was) filled with the Chargers' most rabid fans. It's heartbreaking to see most, if not all, of us and our passion be squelched by the owners, coaching staff, and players with little more than a whimper. If this bullshit product is enough to stamp us out, good luck in LA, Spanii.

Good game, ownership, you've got what you wanted- a defeated fanbase who can't give two shits about you or your embarrassing team. I never thought I'd stop rooting for my Bolts, but I can't even bother to feign interest in the NFL entirely.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

The forecast for next Sunday right now is rain. Wouldn't that be fitting if this is the last home game...

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I'm not sure the team needs years to repair. A change in coaching staffs, some high draft picks and perhaps a bit of luck on the injury front and this team is in the playoff hunt.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I'm not sure the team needs years to repair. A change in coaching staffs, some high draft picks and perhaps a bit of luck on the injury front and this team is in the playoff hunt.
                Yes, but you also believed that with the current coaching staff, draft picks and talent that this was a 10+ win team.

It wasnt. And this roster, coaches and front office are years away from putting a contender on the field.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Kyle
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

I used to watch games and then watch them again and again to see who did what all game long. Especially in the trenches. Now the game is almost background noise. Its on but Im usually working, doing chores or cooking.
                  During the Baltimore game, I actually left to run errands during the 4th quarter when we were up. I'd seen the script too many times and I didn't want to sit there and watch them, knowing with certainty that they would give it away, and then be pissed afterwards. I'd never done that with the Chargers before. Ever.
                  sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Yes, but you also believed that with the current coaching staff, draft picks and talent that this was a 10+ win team.

It wasnt. And this roster, coaches and front office are years away from putting a contender on the field.
                    Yes I did. And I'd be curious to see how many games we would have won if we had a "normal" share of injuries - but even guys with no injury history dropped like flies. With 12 guys on injured reserve and a bunch more in and out of the lineup there was no chance of that.

Comment

• Wheels
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

That was me on Sunday. I didn't even tune in until half time. Didn't DVR the game at all, and took care of chores while I kept an eye on the game. The problem for me isn't the on-field product or the record. The issue is not knowing whether this is a team I will be supporting in the future or will be rooting against.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        This is heresy, but Rivers needs to go someplace where he can win a SB. Until today, I always thought t would happen here.
                        This needs to happen not because I don't want Rivers on our team, but this team has so many holes to fill by the time they get filled Philip will be all beat up by the time we get pieces in place. We are officially in rebuilding mode period.

OL is a mess I don't think you can count on any of the guys starting being a part of the future they are bridge guys to fill in till we can get replacements. It is alarming the injuries on the OL and the concussions are the main concern.

Dunlap, Watt, Fluker all concussions this season and Dunlap 3 this year, one the previous, Fluker two concussions this year. Franklin and Barksdale, knee and ankle injuries this is your starting lineup that is never healthy.

RB can't get a read on Gordon because of the line, but is the other factor is he a product of the Wisconsin system that is known for the OL-men they produce. Wisconsin RB who haven't made an impact Ron Dayne, Hill, John Clay, Monte Ball.

WR need ditto guys who can stay healthy is a plus, next year only three guys who we know can produce bearing injury Keenan Allen, Stevie Allen, and Dontre Inman. Herndon and T. Williams haven't shown anything special in the regular season.

TE Gates productive but aging, Ladarius Green does this sound familiar at least two concussions this season.

If you think we have concerns on the Offense the Defense has just as many problems if not more

DL nothing I say nothing to get excited about our best player Liguet has not played up to the new contract given, and nobody on the line is worthy of mention other than Carrether who has some potential.

ILB we may have something if Teo can stay healthy and Perryman is a player

OLB Ingram to me is replaceable at this point he has enough years in to be a difference maker despite injury to be more productive than what he's shown, Attouchi looks like we have something here with him

CB Verrett makes up the last positive comment on the D dude is a baller, and Flower is on the wrong side of 30 at CB and then being a short corner that doesn't help a tall corner can loose a little something in speed and quickness but his length will keep him competitive. Too many small corners outside the stud Verrettt, you have Flower and Stevie Williams 5'9" and under

S we need two new safeties Weddle is gone and the other guy are good as backups period

All this equals REBUILDING you may as well trade Rivers while his stock is high and start rebuilding with the draft.

Comment

Working...
                        X