• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Worst Chargers team ever?

The only reason to not write this column is to avoid being accused of having a short-term memory, of being reactionary and myopic in an age where that is the exasperating norm.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

right there with the ryan leaf teams

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Clearly, though, there is not enough character on this team that it will continue to work to win.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Kevin Acee 'tries not to be myopic,' but ends up going there anyway. I've seen a lot of horrible Chargers teams. There is no joy in this one. But I don't think this is the worst one. Those early 70's teams were really horrible. There wasn't even optimism around those teams. They were largely devoid of talent.

We've seen Chargers teams that curl up and die. Even though they are losing this year, they are still trying. Just like in the Riley area. There have been worse, but Acee wouldn't know.

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          Kevin Acee 'tries not to be myopic,' but ends up going there anyway. I've seen a lot of horrible Chargers teams. There is no joy in this one. But I don't think this is the worst one. Those early 70's teams were really horrible. There wasn't even optimism around those teams. They were largely devoid of talent.

We've seen Chargers teams that curl up and die. Even though they are losing this year, they are still trying. Just like in the Riley area. There have been worse, but Acee wouldn't know.
          Besides the fact acee writes like shit, he never does reearch.

Unless he is fluffing dean for info, he has no scoop or insight.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
            right there with the ryan leaf teams
            Far worse than the Leaf teams for me. Those teams had talent and the hope that things could get turned around
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

Acee does point out that this team has a qb with a high qb rating compared to those other worst teams as one of the reasons this can be considered worse. Do you not agree with that point?

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                Acee does point out that this team has a qb with a high qb rating compared to those other worst teams as one of the reasons this can be considered worse. Do you not agree with that point?
                Yeah, take Rivers out of the equation and this team is an ohh-fer.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  OK, so then this team is better than the others. He's part of this team, right?

Comment

• Boltergeist
                    Pesky apparition
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Baja Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

It's not the worst, just as Acee is not the worst sportswriter the U-T has ever employed. As if either of those things is consolation.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Dipping back in. Haven't been watching any Spanos contests, but I saw enough up through the Davis game to know this business is terrible.

Tom Telesco is probably the worst GM the Spanoses have had, and, from what I understand, he has been given an extension. Dude was spotted one of the best quarterbacks in the game, and he's delivered the Spanoses a 3-10 team. There isn't a single Spanos employee he has picked who is any good right now (well, at least up through the Davis contest.) I can't think of another soul-sucking business with a Hall of Fame QB that has sucked this badly.

That being said - this is clearly not the worst government-subsidized sham of a business season the Spanoses have had. The one-win fiscal year was obviously worse. One is fewer than three. That's pre-school math, Acee.

Not sure why I care. I'm no longer a fan, and I've already erroneously said I wouldn't post anymore at least three different times. Old habits die hard.

Go Aztecs. Go Padres.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post

Go Aztecs. Go Padres.
                        Go Padres? Not exactly the team I'd be wanting to switch over to watch if I was looking for a competitive team.

Comment

Working...
                        X