Chargers at Cardinals Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Anyone else really nervous about this game and wondering how we're gonna stop a healthy Kyler Murray? Damn, besides the Vegas line dropping like a rock, the FPI (ESPN) and ELO (538) both have us losing this one. What do they know...?
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Kliff Kingsbury is probably on his way out. His offensive schemes are vanilla - for a college offense. I don't know how much buy-in there is from the players at this point. The key to winning this game is to not give them a chance to feel like they might have a chance to win. Herbert & Co. need to score early and build a lead.

The Cards' pass defense is bad, their defense gives up more points per game than any other team except the Lions. They don't get to the QB, they are near the bottom in the league in sacks. Even with MW, Herbert should have enough weapons in KA/JP/GE to dominate in the passing game today.

Even though the Cards have Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown all together for the first time, the Chargers' D should be able to suppress their offensive output. The Cards' two smerf speedsters - Rondale Moore and Greg Dortch - are out. Murray's other WR weapons include 34-year-old AJ Brown and Robby Anderson, whom they traded for from Carolina.

They have James Connor at RB, but they don't run the ball particularly well, averaging 109 yds per game, 21st in the league.

I'm looking for a decisive performance from the Chargers today, particularly on offense. They have KA back and Joshua Kelley is off of IR.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Kliff Kingsbury is probably on his way out. His offensive schemes are vanilla - for a college offense. I don't know how much buy-in there is from the players at this point. The key to winning this game is to not give them a chance to feel like they might have a chance to win. Herbert & Co. need to score early and build a lead.

The Cards' pass defense is bad, their defense gives up more points per game than any other team except the Lions. They don't get to the QB, they are near the bottom in the league in sacks. Even with MW, Herbert should have enough weapons in KA/JP/GE to dominate in the passing game today.

Even though the Cards have Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown all together for the first time, the Chargers' D should be able to suppress their offensive output. The Cards' two smerf speedsters - Rondale Moore and Greg Dortch - are out. Murray's other WR weapons include 34-year-old AJ Brown and Robby Anderson, whom they traded for from Carolina.

They have James Connor at RB, but they don't run the ball particularly well, averaging 109 yds per game, 21st in the league.

I'm looking for a decisive performance from the Chargers today, particularly on offense. They have KA back and Joshua Kelley is off of IR.
        Don’t run particularly well? Get well card from the Chargers d

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Forget all this talk….Keenan Allen for 90+ yards, Joshua Palmer for a TD, Kahill Mack for a sack or two, and Dicker the kicker good for PAT’s and not even needing a game winning field goal, tho I suppose I’ll take that grudgingly.

Edit: I left out Ekeler…two TD’s. Except…gotta punch it in from the 2 yard line and first down !!! Damn!
          Last edited by Caslon; 11-27-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              Anyone else really nervous about this game and wondering how we're gonna stop a healthy Kyler Murray? Damn, besides the Vegas line dropping like a rock, the FPI (ESPN) and ELO (538) both have us losing this one. What do they know...?
              ?? I see a healthy Herbert vs #31 D, Murray vs #29 D. Who has the best day?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

No Michel or Norton. Heavens to Betsy.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Only four active WRs today: Keenan Allen, Joshua Palmer, DeAndre Carter, Michael Bandy

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Spiller and Kelley are active along with Ekeler.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

The Chargers did not lose 3 games in a row since November 2019.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

KA, Ekeler, Palmer, Everett, Kelly... that's promising!
                          Stay on the field Offense... give your defense a rest. No early turnovers on offense.

Comment

Working...
                          X