• Show
Clear All
  • KYBoltsFan
    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Top Five Memorable Moments ESPN article

It's bad enough that two of these 'memorable moments' are losses, and that one of them wasn't a game (and the SB loss is mentioned), but the picture is one I haven't seen of 'McRee's Folly'. Let's think of a better 'top 5' than this.

Holy Roller highlights top five moments for Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium: http://es.pn/1ZeRFpH
    NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

That's awful. 2 of the top 5 moments are us getting fucked in the goat ass? No thanks.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

When Stoyanovich missed that FG in the playoff game a week before they beat Pittsburgh it was the loudest I've ever heard in that stadium and I was at the rally the following week and both World Series. That game should be on the list.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I was there for 4 out of the 5... There were more than 68K at the Q for that arrival, more like 80K. Memories...

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The negatives would be ok, since they could be 'memorable games' or moment) but the title does say "Chargers Highlights."

That said, the list was created by someone who doesn't really know much about the Chargers and doesn't have the knowledge of the team's history to include things that might have happened before 1990 with the exception of the Holy Roller, which any football writer probably knows about.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It's just sad that there are no hoisting a trophy moment in that list.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              It's just sad that there are no hoisting a trophy moment in that list.
              Well, we won an AFC Conference Championship and I'm sure the trophy was hoisted at the Q. But I get what you mean.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Rivers' comments on some of those moments are interesting. Speaking in the past tense, as if the move out of SD is a done deal already. Which it might be. But the way he talks about it seems very matter-of-fact.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

5. I was watching through binoculars only to have my view ruined for a few moments by the drunk Al Davis fan in front me. Before I could say Raiders suck, the view was clear and there was a lot of laughter around me. When I took down my binoculars, I saw the Al Davis fan had fallen 6 rows into the pavement at the bottom of Lodge Section 31. He was alive, bloodied, and a few moments away from being carried out by security officers.

4. Junior Seau, in one of his first pre-season games, blitzed, hit the QB, ran about 30 yards downfield, forced the receiver to fumble, and then recovered the fumble. Of course, the brilliant play was made meaningless not just by the fact the game didn't count, but one of Spanos's players had committed one of many dumb penalties.

3. Gary Anderson flipped into the end zone in a blowout of the Joe Robbies.

2. Mark Seay made a touchdown catch to cap a big comeback that, thanks to a Stoyanovich shank, put the Spanoses in the AFC Championship game. I hugged two people, then went crowd surfing.

1. This fucking awesome game happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnL0EovSu_o When Little Train scored, my step grandfather, about 1,000 other Spanos fans, and I sprinted, skipped, jumped, and bounced from that standing area between the scoreboard and endzone into the parking lot. The chant of "Raiders suck" rained down on the lot for hours.

Runners up -

Marion Butts made that touchdown run against the Hunts in the post season in the rain.

Kellen Winslow had that 5-touchdown game against the Raiders.

JJ's catch against the Davises happened (I was very young.)

After the Holy Roller (Satanic Bad Call/Immaculate Deception), a riot broke out over a couple of sections in Loge. My step grandfather put me on his shoulders and punched us out of the mess. One of my earliest memories in life was a security guard mashing a Davis fan's face into a metal railing.

Leslie O'Neal kicked some Bum Bright ass for a shitload of sacks. The Spanoses lost anyway, but the Spanoses lost just about every game that season anyway.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                    The Spanoses lost anyway, but the Spanoses lost just about every game that season anyway.
                    The Spanoses are prolific at that.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

calvinhobbesheader2.png

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X