Titans @ Chargers Pre Game Thread | (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Good things happen when you don’t have to rely on 3rd stringers.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Donald Parham active and remaining healthy changes the narrative quite a bit. A quiet yet lethal weapon in the intermediate part of the field, the sidelines and red zone -- red zone issues most definitely will see significant improvement.
      dont put him in as any kind of main blocker...just a chip on a DE or blitzing CB please.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Titans will be a tough game to win.
        Chargers will be the favorite.
        Bosa? Will he play.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

dont put him in as any kind of main blocker...just a chip on a DE or blitzing CB please.
          Yeah, no, that's a waste of his snaps. He's more of an Antonio Gates in terms of how I view him, who was a less than effective blocker to put it nicely. Granted, he's much more effective as a blocker than Gates could have ever dreamed of being, but nonetheless.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Titans are very sloppy over last 3 games, they will be coached up against us.

Not sure if we even need to plan to stop Henry. He is due for 130 yards and 2 TDs vs us.

Just go after Tanehill and switch off passing game and we will be ok.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Really? Wow. Name names.

As for the Titans, Henry will be a challenge, for sure (with our tackling inconsistencies). He’s also on my FF team. So I need us to win big, but him to score a couple.

Bolts 27, Titans 21
              The same ones who ranked Herbert the 4rth best qb from his draft class.
              I think one of them was Goldstein, who posts just to make trouble.
              Last edited by powderblueboy; 12-12-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Titans will be a tough game to win.
                Chargers will be the favorite.
                Bosa? Will he play.
                maybe not.

Injuries to their D and Oline are areas where the Chargers are most vulnerable.
                They aren't doing anything well right now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I think they contain damage by Henry adequately and I like the Chargers heading into the game by >7.

Any time table on Pipkins?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    The Titans' defense is 31st in pass defense, giving up 284 yds per game. The Chargers are the No. 3 passing offense, averaging 273 yds per game.

The Chargers' defense is 12th in pass defense, giving up 213 yds per game. The Titans are the No. 29 passing offense, averaging 176 yds per game.
                    We should have success attacking that D. We all know they will try and take advantage of their run O against our bad run D, though with the injuries on their oline this year, they haven't been nearly as good running it as in the past:

The Chargers defense is 28th in rush defense, giving up 147 yds per game. The Titans are the No. 16 rushing offense, averaging 121 yds per game.

Their line is healthier now and Henry did run 17 times for 121 yards and a TD, averaging 7 .1 yards per carry. We are tied with the Giants, allowing a league worst 5.4 yards per carry. I fully expect they go into full sledge hammer more and try and run over us. It would really help if we could get up early and force them to pass more.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

For all the criticism I've levied against this team this year, I will say this: they have not quit despite a couple of huge home losses early. Credit to Staley, honestly. I will eat my well deserved helping of crow regarding him.

My not so bold prediction of the year: if we handle the Titans then we are going to make the playoffs. Use the "turned the corner" narrative if you'd like. But I think if this defense can put together that sort of effort consistently, you will also start to hear "getting hot at the right time" as well. Probably need to win out to make it happen but it's now doable.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        There are members of this forum who consider themselves Chargers fans who are going to be upset the Chargers beat the Dolphins tonight and who will be rooting for them to lose to the Titans next week.
                        That’s whack.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Good things happen when you don’t have to rely on 3rd stringers.
                          3rd string defense played better than first string last night.

Perhaps coaches know how to use 3rd string talent better than first string? I’m dumbfounded by what the D accomplished last night compared to the rest of the games this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X