I apologize to Rivers and Weddle thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I apologize to Rivers and Weddle thread.

Sorry for being down on both of you all these years. It's clear your passion for this team and city are second to none. You have a new fan for life.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Something something timing.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I've been bagging on Weddle all year but I'm gonna stop. He showed me something last night. He will always be a SAN DIEGO Charger in my mind. Thank you for doing your part during our great years Mr. Weddle.

Rivers has cemented himself as an absolute all-time great, right up there with Seau and LT in my mind. His speech about playing for the guys that were rooting for the Chargers before he and anyone in that locker room was born, he was talking about most of us. He gets it and as the leader of the team he conveyed that to his teammates and they heard the message. If that was the end that was a great way to go out, and Rivers exemplifies what it means to be a leader. He showed grace, compassion, and inspiration.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        I've been bagging on Weddle all year but I'm gonna stop. He showed me something last night. He will always be a SAN DIEGO Charger in my mind. Thank you for doing your part during our great years Mr. Weddle.

Rivers has cemented himself as an absolute all-time great, right up there with Seau and LT in my mind. His speech about playing for the guys that were rooting for the Chargers before he and anyone in that locker room was born, he was talking about most of us. He gets it and as the leader of the team he conveyed that to his teammates and they heard the message. If that was the end that was a great way to go out, and Rivers exemplifies what it means to be a leader. He showed grace, compassion, and inspiration.
        Well said.

I'm in the same boat. I bagged on Weddle all year but his actions yesterday proved me wrong.

He's not worth what he's asking for but his presence and leadership will definitely be a loss next year. Of course, if it's a loss for the LA Landfills, who cares?

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

I'm in the same boat. I bagged on Weddle all year but his actions yesterday proved me wrong.
          The game was not on here so I listened to the radio broadcast. One thing they mentioned that some of you probably didn't know was that Weddle did not go into the locker room at halftime because his daughter is a Junior Charger Girl and she performed with them at halftime. Daddy Weddle stayed out to watch. That guy has his priorities straight.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

I remained a fan of Weddle's even this season. It's evident he's hurt or isn't as good of a player as he was the last few years, but I never saw the lack of effort many were claiming. And even at his current production, he's one of our best players this season. I think getting juked is part of the game. Offensive players are paid for a reason, because they are good with the ball in their hands. The biggest issue for Weddle is that he's often the last line of defense, and because of that, being the leading tackler year in and year out, is more indicative of an issue with the defense in general.

BTW, funny that Pagano's guys are finally getting it, again, at the end of the season. Just in time to save his ass.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
              I remained a fan of Weddle's even this season. It's evident he's hurt or isn't as good of a player as he was the last few years, but I never saw the lack of effort many were claiming. And even at his current production, he's one of our best players this season. I think getting juked is part of the game. Offensive players are paid for a reason, because they are good with the ball in their hands. The biggest issue for Weddle is that he's often the last line of defense, and because of that, being the leading tackler year in and year out, is more indicative of an issue with the defense in general.

BTW, funny that Pagano's guys are finally getting it, again, at the end of the season. Just in time to save his ass.
              And for the first time in his career, Reyes is finally playing at a good level, just in time for a contract extension, lol.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                And for the first time in his career, Reyes is finally playing at a good level, just in time for a contract extension, lol.
                Sadly, there is a real good chance I may not give a shit beyond this year anyway.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Weddle tearing up after the game:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Eric Weddle loves us. Dean Spanos doesn't. I tried to tell y'all.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                      God, I hope not. Blow the entire staff out and start with a fresh message and approach.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        Sadly, there is a real good chance I may not give a shit beyond this year anyway.
                        I didn't even watch or record the game. I heard they won.

Comment

Working...
                        X