Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No way. Nothing beats San Diego.
    There are a lot of things I loved about living in San Diego, but after moving to Nashville in late 2021, there is no way I’d ever move back to San Diego.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Jamrock we have nothing to lose because we are playing with house money. After all the injuries no one expected this team to make a deep run in the playoffs. Now that we are in position with two or three more wins in winnable games we can cut lose have fun and shock the world.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        The Chargers are one step away from the playoffs. They will get in. Staley will return as head coach, Joe Lombardi will return as offensive coordinator and Tom Telesco will return as general manager in 2023.
        I still wonder if they'll bring Lombardi back. I look at our offense and it seems like they should be scoring much more. With a QB like JH10, we should be scoring 30 every week.

If I was Staley, I'd wonder how we'd do with a different guy leading the offense. A different OC could make this team a top scoring unit.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I still wonder if they'll bring Lombardi back.

He changed the ST coach in a move no one expected, and look at the results.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I still wonder if they'll bring Lombardi back. I look at our offense and it seems like they should be scoring much more. With a QB like JH10, we should be scoring 30 every week.

If I was Staley, I'd wonder how we'd do with a different guy leading the offense. A different OC could make this team a top scoring unit.
            Our OL should run block better than it does given the talent and athleticism of the unit. Jmo, they don’t seem to execute whatever blocking assignment schemes Joe’s expecting them to do consistently at all. Thats a coaching thing or bad assignment design, i can’t tell which. is it OL coaching or Joe and his scheme? Improve that and everything else about the offense will improve with it. And get one speedster receiver that commands respect by the secondary.

I’m fine with firing Lombo - he may not be the absolute worst OC ever as some here feel, I expect he is not. but he has not shown he’s a top tier OC at all to me or anyone and therefore that role should be upgraded. I agree with you - Staley should consider if his offense would be better with different leader.

I doubt it happens though and he’s not really that old - maybe he can learn and improve? If he’s not fired, i sure hope he can. I wonder what Hill’s role is and what he does as well. It sure looks like Staley is calling D plays but I don’t know he is.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I agree about the ST coach so I think it's possible he'll replace Lombardi. With a qb like Herbert, it seems we should score more. I don't blame our offense strictly on Lombardi though.I think the defenses are playing us two deep and forcing us to throw underneath. (That's the same thing we're doing to others). Our receivers aren't usually very good at getting YAC so those short passes seldom net us much. Perhaps we need to look at WR's in the draft that are known to be good at YAC.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                Let's do this!
                • Aug 2022
                • Raleigh N. Carolina
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There are a lot of things I loved about living in San Diego, but after moving to Nashville in late 2021, there is no way I’d ever move back to San Diego.
                Me too.

I still love to visit home, but the Outer Banks are my beach(s) of choice now.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                  Let's do this!
                  • Aug 2022
                  • Raleigh N. Carolina
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They totally SHOULD be central time though. They are so far from the East coast, they can almost see the Rockies . Whats weirder is part of the state is CST. Most is EST but counties next to Chicago are CST, as are a handful in lower SW corner. That state is not big enough to need multiple time zones, sorry.

I lived in MI for 5 yrs, same thing, EST. We’d play golf till 10pm at peak summer.
                  It's a good thing time is a construct.

Comment

• NashBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

It's a good thing time is a construct.
                    Time travel is possible.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      Jamrock we have nothing to lose because we are playing with house money. After all the injuries no one expected this team to make a deep run in the playoffs. Now that we are in position with two or three more wins in winnable games we can cut loose have fun and shock the world.
                      Yeah I get that with how disappointing the season was with all injuries until they turned it around. But we all expected playoffs and a deep run at the beginning of the season. And Boltnut and other posters have been fretting about our cap situation next year so this is the year man

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Same -- I loved living in SD, growing up there - but not sure I could ever live there again

My wife even speculated about some day moving to Nashville after our trip there a couple weeks ago. Not sure we will ever move there but I can see doing a VRBO for 3-4 months during retirement years

Go Bolts!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Except last year's ST coach wasn't Staley's beloved college head coach. I have a hard time thinking Staley would make the decision to let him go. It might have to come from above. But who would passionately push for that?

Comment

Working...
                          X