Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week15 vs TEN)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week15 vs TEN)

Welcome back diehards. What a wonderful week it was. We cheered through a nailbiter of a finish for our beloved Chargers. During film study i noticed a couple of events that made me recognize something i have not in quite a while: Multiple plays executed well together that made the game look easy. It was these passage of plays i could see larger pieces of the puzzle being put together and this gets me very excited. Chargers are not peaking yet, but gaining momentum and when they do peak it will be a scoring fiesta. Most weeks i have to sift through some uninspiring plays to find the gems and this week i would just let the recording roll as they plays combined were better than individual. I took particular interest in opening plays of drives as they set the tone. Lets dive in

The Good:
    3rd quarter 8:08 on the clock, 1st and 10 ball on 12 yard line
    Derrick Henery gets stuffed opening this drive. Fehoko, Van Noy, Mack all in postion to hit Henry. Next play pressure from Van Noy outside forces Tannehil to step up and loft it deep where ball hawking Adderly comes away with it.

The Bad:
    2nd quarter 10:09 on the clock, 1st and 10 ball on 25 yard line
    Chargers open this drive with End Around to Carter. I am so confused by Everett's blocking here, Mdub blocks nobody and Pipkins barely blocks anyone. The line blocks right with Zion pulling to pickup the LB and Ek chip both miss their guy.

The Great:
    1st quarter 7:45 on the clock, 1st and 10 ball on 16 yard line.
    On the Chargers opening drive after 4th down completion to Allen, Chargers run the ball 6 straight times down TEN throat to score TD. Isnt this what we all wanted...imposing your will on the defense? Check out the formations they run from keeping TEN thinking its pass

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    3 plays where execution and pure determination cannot be stopped. Austin Ekeler you are a beast

Hon2
    3 plays where playmakers shine. Mdub is clutch. Check out Herb stiff arm getting out the pocket

So there you have it diehards, put that new piece in your puzzle and watch the team take shape. The fire burns and the team is warming

as always
    luv ya
    -Chillies
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Thanks as always NMC!

Watch Zion on your string of six "GREAT" plays. In 5 of the 6, his blocking has a positive influence on the play if not a direct impact on it's success (including the TD). And in at least one he absolutely mauls his guy. Great series of plays for him down there. We get more of that from him down the stretch and we'll be okay.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I like the look with only Morgan Fox with his hand in the dirt, @1TECH.

That is what they call a "Light Box."

:lol:
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
      Ben Herbert

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        Thanks as always NMC!

Watch Zion on your string of six "GREAT" plays. In 5 of the 6, his blocking has a positive influence on the play if not a direct impact on it's success (including the TD). And in at least one he absolutely mauls his guy. Great series of plays for him down there. We get more of that from him down the stretch and we'll be okay.
        i love his fluid movement pulling on the second play. Looks like his injury is not bothering him anymore

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

The Great.
          "...Chargers run it 6 straight times down TEN throat to score the TD."

Bookmarked.

Linsley's back.
          IOL getting settled.
          Ekeler/Kelley ~ 4 YPC.
          This is a significant nudging of the needle.
          And it is completely overlooked by almost everyone.

As I have opined, inside runs are a key component to the igniting of Lombardi offense. With no Shaq Leonard for the Colts, there's our opening. One play at a time. Game by game.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
          X