Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    Didn't see this game or the previous one. Already settling in to early retirement from football unless there is a huge deviation from the present course, plus I was traveling with the family. What happened with the officiating?
    Perryman drilled some Davis who caught a pass in overtime. He got called for a personal foul, which kept the Davises' game-winning drive alive. I wasn't really paying attention so that might not be exactly right, but it's close enough.

The hit looked like helmet to chest. I'm not sure what the rules are so maybe the refs were forced to call that? It certainly wasn't a dirty play; Perryman didn't hit the dude in the head or hit him late. And it wasn't a case in which Perryman's head made the tackle - Perryman had the dude wrapped up in his hands and arms. The announcers called it "leading with the helmet" or something like that, but, to me, he was leading with the hands. The helmet's role in the tackle was secondary.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Seems to me that anytime a receiver gets drilled it will be a penalty whether or not it was helmit to helmit.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If its a bang-bang play like that, defenseless receiver will get called regardless of the technique of the defender. I don't like the call, but the rule says something about letting the receiver have a chance to make a move to protect himself, or become a runner. He was tackled while his feet were off the ground, so I can see why it was called.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

It's a bullshit rule. So you can't try and force an incompletion by jarring the ball loose and you have to let the reciever try and get around you first.... That's bullshit.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

he led with shoulder at 45 degree angle. I saw a gif posted on reddit. Was a bullshit call, but it helped them with getting a higher draft pick, so whatever. And if they move, then another, whatever.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                It's a bullshit rule. So you can't try and force an incompletion by jarring the ball loose and you have to let the reciever try and get around you first.... That's bullshit.
                It's a bullshit rule, but yeah, the defender in essence has to allow the receiver to at least get his feet on the ground and be able to react ("protecting himself") to the oncoming hit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  It's a bullshit rule, but yeah, the defender in essence has to allow the receiver to at least get his feet on the ground and be able to react ("protecting himself") to the oncoming hit.
                  Eh bullshit. The NFL wants to see no defense being played. The league is going downhill.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    I saw the Bowlens today put a big hit on a receiver who only had one foot down near the goal line - no flag.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I saw that too and was looking for a flag. You gotta remember though it was Hochuli out there though. Not sure who's payroll he was on in this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X