• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I don't get how the toughest choice is between Fouts and Rivers and then Fouts doesn't make Honorable Mention. Instead Canepa goes with Humphries and Hadl.

I probably take Macek over Hardwick. Nick got more accolades but Macek was a mauler and kind of hidden behind all of the other studs on those OLs. Like others, I agree that the BR pick is a head scratcher. I always rooted for him bc he went to my high school and I was dying for the Chargers to pick him and they did. But he wasn't the player in the pros that he was expected to be. Solid? Dependable? Sure. An all-timer? No. Woody Lowe was also a good player, but he also seems a stretch here. Canepa might've chosen Faison at DE and put O'Neal at OLB. Don't like Merriman on the list bc he flamed out pretty quickly, but he was right up there with Seau in terms of ferocity during his stint here. Now the PEDs question obviously comes into play but we don't really know what anyone did and for how long. Not even Seau.

Agree that more guys from the 60s should likely be on the list, but I didn't see them play so hard to evaluate them vs the guys I did see play. But like many of the all-time lists, the newer guys are more fresh in our minds.

The all-around category is kind've lame. Short guys who were really good but not good enough to make the RB rankings (in his estimation)? Brooks would have dominated if he hadn't been traded and makes this category but no mention under RBs? All of those guys were very good and should make honorable mentions at RB or KR but a catch all category for them is dumb.
    Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 12-28-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X