Rams at Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

There are still about 10 posters left over at the UT. Northern Lightning, Toast, SD Ron, thekitchensink, Boltupright, Volpe, Chuck F and Coldbolt, among a few others.
    That's it? Lol, it's got to be dead. Funny how some just don't like change.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        We did some things well I had been looking for.
        Run game.
        TD in 3rd.
        Owned the 4th quarter.

Herbert, Ekeler, Keenan, Mike are awesome.
        OL looked better.
        C 31 - R10 speaks well of our D.
        I hate to use the phrase "Bend, but don't break", but it pretty much applies to the Bolts' defense currently.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

You have to watch out for custard pies when you say that. Duck!!! lol
          I'm sure I've offended someone.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I hate to use the phrase "Bend, but don't break", but it pretty much applies to the Bolts' defense currently.
            Agreed. They really only gave up those two big runs, other than that I thought the run D looked pretty respectable. Look at it this way, our D basically made their best O aspect moot. Got some yards, but 10 points? I’ll take that every week walking away.

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Carlsbad, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Decent win vs a below average team. OL and DL need to play better. No major injuries! Now rest the starters.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

game knows game

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Don’t use it. It doesn’t apply

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The bend but snap back defense?
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I very much dislike the Rams so kicking their asses makes me happy even if they are having a down year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

The Bolts' run defense was once again suspect. They surrendered 132 yards to Cam Akers, and 23 yards on Malcolm Brown's only carry of the day.

However, here's Baker Mayfield's stat line: 11 of 19 for 132 yards, and ZERO touchdowns. You'd have to have a running game put up 250 yards and at least two TDs to win with those kind of numbers from your QB.

The Rams could manage just one TD all game long, and the Bolts defense managed to keep the Rams out of FG range most of the afternoon.

If the strategy was to prevent Mayfield from making big plays, it was a largely successful plan.

Offensively, it was clear that the Chargers were determined to run the ball in such a way that the Rams would be vulnerable to play action. That worked, too, with a huge assist from Mike Williams on 3 or 4 highlight reel catches. Mike looked like Randy Moss out there.

The game was still a close contest at the half. But after halftime, the Chargers progressively put the game away with time consuming possessions that led to points. Once the Rams were so far behind that they had to pass, it was over.

This game was not as lopsided as the 31-10 score makes it look, but if Ja'sir Taylor had executed that late game Pick 6 opportunity, it would have turned the game into a blowout.

A solid, albeit imperfect victory for the Bolts. There were coaching fingerprints all over this win.
                        Some of us have been saying all year that we can win and give up 150 yards on the ground. Thats modern defense, counter to modern offense which is pass oriented. we’ve proven it all year. 250 yards and 2 TDs would have allowed the rams to only lose by 17. Make it 14 if we spot them that figgie still. Chargers had it all the way, the scoreboard was close at half but we were the better team throughout. This was our most complete game of the year, surpassing our prior most complete game last week.

I also said in the week that Mayfield didn’t scare me at all. That guy we saw today is Mayfield, thats who he is and McVay better wise up and realize he’s not going to be different the guy who lost in CLE and lost in CAR. Remember CLE had a punishing rush attack and a good defense and he still couldn’t win. CAR - well, they suck but he wasn’t the answer to any question. Actually, i hope McVay doesn’t, i have always hated the Rams since I was a little kid.

I didn’t read any of the GDT today, I’m wondering from our most skeptical and disappointed of our scarred TPB brothers - are you feeling any better tonight after seeing the offense execute closer to what they are capable of? Those short passes work a lot better when other chargers block eh? Herbert making a lot more throws beyond 10 yards when he has a little time. How ya feeling after we won 5 of the last 6, with notable improvement and momentum heading into the final week?

I didn’t see the DEN KC game, I guess DEN gave KC all they could handle? Weird - if we won 27-24 next week, I’d bet this board will be pissed off again.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Why yes, sir, it is!
                          I guessed it on the first try. Must be your posting style. I am back in San Diego County after a 20 year hiatus in Riverside County. Hello dude !!! It's been years !!

Comment

Working...
                          X