How f' ing stupid are the Chargers. Really.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
    (1) He should have communicated w/the team.
    (2) Chargers handled his whole situation like ass.
    (3) putting him on IR is odd as Weddle obviously didn't think it was necessary.
    (4) I'm pretty sure SWA flies direct to Denver, Chargers should buy 17 tickets. TEAM IS A TEAM .
    (5) The Chargers.com article to explain themselves is STUPID unless they do that w/each and every rule violation fine.
    I'd be careful about #3. The guy was in street clothes by halftime of the Raiders game, so it's extremely unlikely he would have played this weekend. It at least gives us a chance to look at a possible player for next year.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

One thing is for certain, if you are looking to build goodwill with Charger fans in order to get public support for spending a bunch of public cash on a new crib to make Deano happy this ain't the way to do it.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'm sorry to say, emergency family situation aside, I would fire someone on the spot if they decided on their own to miss an important company meeting on company time, to go see their daughter's dance recital without so much as a request or discussion. What Weddle did was blatant, premeditated and completely unprofessional. It was also disrespectful to his teammates that were trying to focus and win a game, however meaningless it was to us.

Fuck Weddle and fuck the Spanoses. They actually both deserve each other and Weddle is as much part of what's wrong with this organization as is ownership.
        Last edited by RollingThunder; 12-29-2015, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Team spokesperson Bill Johnston said the Chargers have 17 players on injured reserve, so room for all of them could be an issue. Johnston also said that in the past, players on injured reserve who requested to travel had not been turned down.
          Proof that this is a big FU to Weddle. Thanks for the info.
          Last edited by KNSD; 12-29-2015, 08:04 AM.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The IR part makes sense from a team standpoint because any player the team signs now can, I believe, take part in their offseason program. Which is why non playoff teams end up putting a bunch of guys on IR towards the end of the season
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
              I'm sorry to say, emergency family situation aside, I would fire someone on the spot if they decided on their own to miss an important company meeting on company time, to go see their daughter's dance recital without so much as a request or discussion. What Weddle did was blatant, premeditated and completely unprofessional. It was also disrespectful to his teammates that were trying to focus and win a game, however meaningless it was to us.

Fuck Weddle and fuck the Spanoses. They actually both deserve each other and Weddle is as much part of what's wrong with this organization as is ownership.
              Weddle isn't moving the team.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Exactly. I agree 100% I can't think for one second that management didn't know this would look bad. They are jerks but they aren't blind. What I really want to know is what Weddle has done to piss them off so bad? We don't see the day to day interaction and don't know what has been said behind closed doors. I'm sure there is more to the story than management are assholes.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Weddle was wrong for skipping halftime and not telling anyone. I won't even argue for him there. Just ask someone! If they say no, take it up the chain to the HC, and then the GM.

However, the way this all breaks, it makes the chargers look like a terrible, petty, organization.

And yes, they know how this looks to the fanbase. They don't care. They are moving. They are going to chase "new" fans.

I've never been more convinced that they are moving. And the City of St. Louis proposal to the NFL today was much more substantial than SD's. The NFL is going to tell the Rams to stay.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    Weddle was wrong for skipping halftime and not telling anyone. I won't even argue for him there. Just ask someone! If they say no, take it up the chain to the HC, and then the GM.

However, the way this all breaks, it makes the chargers look like a terrible, petty, organization.

And yes, they know how this looks to the fanbase. They don't care. They are moving. They are going to chase "new" fans.

I've never been more convinced that they are moving. And the City of St. Louis proposal to the NFL today was much more substantial than SD's. The NFL is going to tell the Rams to stay.
                    The Chargers look like a petty organization because that is what they are. I'm not sure they know what it does to the fan base, I think they are utterly tone-deaf to the fans. This has been consistent back to the time when they took over the organization.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      The Chargers look like a petty organization because that is what they are. I'm not sure they know what it does to the fan base, I think they are utterly tone-deaf to the fans. This has been consistent back to the time when they took over the organization.
                      I'm sure they know. And I'm sure they don't care at this point. San Diego - the city, the fans, the history - mean NOTHING to them anymore.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Honestly, he deserves the fine as he told NOBODY of his plans.

While it makes the team look bad, Weddle and his agent are the ones throwing a crying fit and putting out passive aggressive tweets about the issue.

The IR thing is pretty silly, though.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Geezbolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Sun Valley, ID
                          • Send PM

I replied in a different thread after the Miami game that I thought Weddle had his priorities straight staying on the field at halftime to watch his daughter. I just assumed, as I'm sure the radio broadcasters did at the time, that the team knew and was okay with it. Knowing now that he did not clear it beforehand changes things. He put the team between a rock and a hard place. They had to do something. Could they have handled it differently? Certainly, but Weddle did put them on the spot. Also, it may have been a team decision, but I can assure you it wasn't easy for McCoy because it's been obvious to me Weddle was one of his favorites.
                          That said, I've wondered how a well-run organization would have handled the situation. IMO, it would have never happened. Knowing that both teams were out of the playoffs, making halftime not as critical, the organization could have made an effort to know his daughter (and apparently a couple of other players' daughters) would be performing and could have come to the players and asked if they would like to watch their daughters for a few minutes at halftime. Not practical? I've heard Robert Kraft, especially when his wife Myra was alive did make an effort to know things like that. You can say what you want about the Patriot organization, but they seem to part ways with players on better terms. It also seems like an inordinate number of Patriot players come back after they have played for other teams.
                          My other concern with this whole Weddle issue is the effect it may have on his daughter. I certainly hope it doesn't affect her negatively.

Comment

Working...
                          X