• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    WTF? Why would Payton come to Mahomes division?
    Money money money, dollar bills y'all

he was the third choice - Harbaught, Ryans and now Payton
    My guess, the Denver WalMarts upped the offer which made the job enticing to him. 75m or so over 5 years (my guess)

I know this much - if for some reason he doesn't hire Evero to be DC - Staley should swallow his pride and hire that guy as the Chargers DC

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

There it is.

The richest ownership in the NFL vs. Deano.

You realize that if Las Vegas hits on their next QB, that relegates the Chargers to the basement in the AFC West? 1) Chiefs 2) Broncos 3) ? 4) ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Mickey Loomis is not here to save Sean's bacon this time.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

Yeah we've never seen Sean Payton run a team into the ground when his elderly QB couldn't get it done anymore and then abandon the end of his contract because it's no fun coaching a loser team.

Oh wait, we watched him do it over the last half decade. I'll be afraid of Sean Payton when I see something worth fearing. Until then it's jumping at shadows.
          "Run his team into the ground" is overstating it quite a bit. They were 11-5 in 2017, 13-3 in 2018 and 2019 and 12-4 in 2020, all with a pretty diminished Brees. They were 9-8 in 2021 with a million injuries and were 5-2 before Winston tore his ACL. He's clearly one of the best coaches in the league. I think Russ is done as an elite or even Top 10 QB, but this is bad for us. We have at best the third best coach in the division for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

no one fears the Chargers so...

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

So the Broncos only had to send pick #29 this year and their second round pick next year, plus they're get a third round pick from the Saints. That's not bad at all.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

"Run his team into the ground" is overstating it quite a bit. They were 11-5 in 2017, 13-3 in 2018 and 2019 and 12-4 in 2020, all with a pretty diminished Brees. They were 9-8 in 2021 with a million injuries and were 5-2 before Winston tore his ACL. He's clearly one of the best coaches in the league. I think Russ is done as an elite or even Top 10 QB, but this is bad for us. We have at best the third best coach in the division for the foreseeable future.
                Some owners think having the best HC you can get is the wisest step to take.

Others think they can put their son in charge and go bargain shopping for a HC.

Comment

• boldarblood
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

8-8 when it matters, the playoffs. You don't win in the regular season.

His Super Bowl season was under one the years he was intentionally paying bonuses to injure players.

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Mickey Loomis is not here to save Sean's bacon this time.
                    George Paton is better than Telesco. I like the Kellen Moore coordinator move by management as it establishes play-action as the identity of the Los Angeles Chargers. But this move by the Broncos is bigger, as it's the biggest hire in the AFC West since Andy Reid came to town.

1. Chiefs 2. Broncos

This move has left LA and LV scrambling for third. I am betting on Josh McDaniels because McDaniels knows if he loses, he's gone. Staley + Telesco are not under equal pressure to perform.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...wnership-rumor

The Walton/Penner group includes business mogul Mellody Hobson, and just this week, former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also joined Broncos ownership. Not long after Rob Walton emerged victorious in the Broncos ownership sweepstakes, we learned that the new group has designs on Peyton Manning taking on some sort of role with the team.

The Walton Penner Group offered Peyton Manning an ownership percentage and declined one to John Elway. :snort:

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

George Paton is better than Telesco. I like the Kellen Moore coordinator move by management as it establishes play-action as the identity of the Los Angeles Chargers. But this move by the Broncos is bigger, as it's the biggest hire in the AFC West since Andy Reid came to town.

1. Chiefs 2. Broncos

This move has left LA and LV scrambling for third. I am betting on Josh McDaniels because McDaniels knows if he loses, he's gone. Staley + Telesco are not under equal pressure to perform.
                        I still think the Broncos are 3 or 4 until proven otherwise. I don’t think he can turn Russ around. And his defensive coordinator choice will be key.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

1. Chiefs 2. Broncos

A tad premature for writing the Chargers off.

I would like to see off-season moves and draft by the Chargers first and wouldn’t be surprised if Kellen Moore improves offense like the ST improved with a new coach.

Talent wise, the Chargers are pretty close. It was mainly injuries and a lousy OC that tanked them this past season so some added key talent upgrades could have a big impact.

If Staley doesn’t make it to playoffs, it should be his last season with the Chargers and likely could be.

Comment

Working...
                          X