• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

A Spanos Speaks!

Letter from the President of Football Operations John Spanos on the State of Team

As the 2015 season has now concluded, we are disappointed with the outcome as our expectations have not been met.

I have the utmost confidence in our leadership. Tom Telesco, Mike McCoy, and I have already begun evaluating every aspect of the team to take the essential steps to put a winning product back on the field. We will waste no time in making the necessary changes.

Throughout a trying season, our players never wavered in their dedication or commitment to the team. I firmly believe the decisions made today and moving forward will get us back on track in 2016.

Thank you for your unwavering support and passion.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Heh, meh...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Boo
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Yada-yada.

Oh well, sounds like McCoy is back for sure. I am glad he thinks one of us still has unwavering support and passion...
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I wonder if Pagano survives. I think Reich has to go as well as a few other coaches
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Pagano and Reich should both go, but I doubt Pagano will and I believe it's 50/50 on Reich.

If only the owners could fire themselves...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Joe D? Or could he be the safest of all do to rampant injuries he has taught technics in game on the sideline...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Pagano did his usual defense plays well for 5 games near the end of the season salvation job, so he will likely stay. Hard to even entertain the possibility that Reich could return.

Comment

• Asela
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                  Pagano did his usual defense plays well for 5 games near the end of the season salvation job, so he will likely stay. Hard to even entertain the possibility that Reich could return.
                  McCoy probably argued the difference from '13 and '15 were the injuries and not having Whisenhunt. Bring him back in and then McCoy pleaded he can turn the team around.

My question, with '14 and '15 so injury riddled, someone has to rethink and have a different strength, conditioning and nutrition program in place.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I predicted this earlier in the season, if they keep McCoy then he'll be a lame duck with the FO choosing coaches for him (maybe both OC/DC, other staff), then after he fizzles out once more, the next HC will be asked to retain some of the same staff that they forced on McCoy...for contimeh-ateh. The Spanoses have been doing this same shit since after the Bobby Feuds. Mike Reilly had to keep Bugel and the Defense, then Norv before getting fired, Marty had to run Norv's system and he couldnt hire his brother so they hired Lindsey (who was the LB coach during the Ross years), then AJ brings Wade in (rumored that he could be named interim if Marty faltered in 2004), then Marty didnt get the extension he wanted, wants to hire his brother, hires Shelmon for wtftardedness, then Norv just says yes to whichever DC they gave him, then McCoy gets the same (who amongst his coaching staff did he have any ties with? majority of them are either leftovers or has ties to indy/buffalo)

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

It is reported that there are going to be staff changes.

I've got to assume Reich is gone, because they couldn't run the ball.

Pagano, I don't know. The defense actually played better at the end of the year, when they were injured. Perryman insertion over Butler was a big difference, IMO.

ST, I can definitely see a change being made. Not really the guy who ended up taking over's fault. But worst starting field position in the League, has to change.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

McCoy did bring over the DB coach from Denver. I know that Wiz brought Spencer over with him, maybe Wiz should have taken him along to Tennessee, but continuity blocked him.

Instead of the word 'disappointed', I would have preferred to see 'devastated' in the letter.

Comment

Working...
                        X