• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

For me, its an easy question to answer becaue Keenan Allen is not a number 1 WR in todays NFL. He is truly more a 2/3. Look at the teams that played this weekend, other WRs in the playoffs. Allen is not close to that level. Neither is Williams. But for cap reasons, they truly cannot cut 8. But they can cut or trade Allen. Maybe he takes a pay cut. But MVS for the Chiefs with the YAC; Higgins with that catch in the end zone. Chase with that play at the 5. Allen makes none of those plays.

Maybe you can trade Allen and that lowers the dead cap number to 5.4m with nothing in the future. If you pay KA13 his 19m this year - where does the money come. You have to find it someplace else.
    I'm reading that people here still believe that Keenan Allen is consistent 100 reception WR, when he played in 10 games and missed 7 games, and will be turning 31. I love Slayer but Father Time is undefeated and Slayer needs to take a major haircut or obtain his release. Chargers need to get younger, faster, healthier, and cheaper at the WR position.

I agree, Allen makes none of those plays, and DeAndre Carter will drop his limited red zone opportunities on money downs. Kellen Moore has been an NFL coach longer than Staley, and therefore, has the clout and I expect him to make changes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Reminders of greatness.

Below is this season. Sux to be getting old lol

Route running 101

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I'd try to keep Pipkins, Tranquill, Guyton, Fox and Dicker. The rest can go. Pipkins is going to be difficult.
        Very few teams are paying 2 OT's good money. If I'm paying one of my OT's big money... I'm saving it for Slater when he comes due... not Pipkins.
        The LB's weren't playing their assignments... they were a big part of our run defense failure.
        Guyton and Dicker will be cheap re-signs. That's the smart move.
        Fox... it depends on his market. He was our only pass rush threat along the IDL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Very few teams are paying 2 OT's good money. If I'm paying one of my OT's big money... I'm saving it for Slater when he comes due... not Pipkins.
          The LB's weren't playing their assignments... they were a big part of our run defense failure.
          Fox... it depends on his market. He was our only pass rush threat along the IDL.
          Why were the linebackers not playing their assignments (again)?

Are they stupid?

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

If we're going to continue with the 3/4 then Tranquill is the only LB we have that's worth keeping. Pipkins is a ROT and you don't pay those guys
            big money when you have a right handed QB. But he is a UFA and OTs are coveted. So with our cap situation it's going to be difficult to retain him.

We can move Salyer over to the right side since Slater will be back. Guyton and Parham are restricted FA. So good chance both will be back.
            But I'm the fence with Parham. His injuries have held him back and not sure he's ever going to progress.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

But I'm the fence with Parham. His injuries have held him back and not sure he's ever going to progress.
              Parham is a darkhorse. Steadily improved his catch percentage. 50% to 74% to 83% for 67% career average. Arguably our best Redzone target outside of Eckler if healthy.

But yeah...injuries.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Why were the linebackers not playing their assignments (again)?

Are they stupid?
                IDK, ask Michael Wilhoite.
                I see what I see.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

If we're going to continue with the 3/4 then Tranquill is the only LB we have that's worth keeping. Pipkins is a ROT and you don't pay those guys
                  big money when you have a right handed QB. But he is a UFA and OTs are coveted. So with our cap situation it's going to be difficult to retain him.

We can move Salyer over to the right side since Slater will be back. Guyton and Parham are restricted FA. So good chance both will be back.
                  Draft a LB. K9 (like him or not) is on the roster for 2023. Tranquill is not. Not many FA's will be brought back... it's more the cap than Tranquill.
                  Salyer was drafted to be a LG. He can play RT... but why not draft a RT?

CB in the 1st or 2nd. RT in the 1st or 2nd. LB in the 3rd.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Draft a LB. K9 (like him or not) is on the roster for 2023. Tranquill is not. Not many FA's will be brought back... it's more the cap than Tranquill.
                    Salyer was drafted to be a LG. He can play RT... but why not draft a RT?

CB in the 1st or 2nd. RT in the 1st or 2nd. LB in the 3rd.
                    Another year, another draft without O weapons. Perfect.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Another year, another draft without O weapons. Perfect.
                      Makes me wonder if some people are actually watching this team play

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If we can just get the D to playing perfectly…there! Doesn’t matter what the O does or doesn’t do.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I watched the game against the Titans. God what a boring game.

Comment

Working...
                          X