Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Relocation Prediction

These are the possible outcomes as far as I can tell....what is your prediction?
    rams in inglewood
    27.91%
    rams and chargers in inglewood
    30.23%
    rams and raiders in inglewood
    11.63%
    chargers and raiders in carson
    4.65%
    chargers in carson
    4.65%
    Chargers in carson, rams in inglewood
    6.98%
    move is delayed
    13.95%

The poll is expired.

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Rams and Raiders in Inglewood. Owners realize Stan will do whatever he wants anyway and approve him and then align him with the Raiders who have zero chance of getting a stadium done in Oakland. This leaves the Chargers in San Diego and the owners will help to get Dean into a new stadium here. Then the NFL has three teams in the huge So Cal market again and a total of four teams and three new stadiums (including Levis) in California.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

I think it can go a lot of ways, but I'm leaning towards Rams/Chargers in Inglewood. I think Inglewood can't be denied, and Carson is BS. But for some reason, the NFL owners have a lot of sympathy for poor deano and his 14 years of paying Fabiani to get nothing accomplished. Oh and he's a good soldier.

Comment

• Mr. Ray Dehaiter
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        Rams and Raiders in Inglewood. Owners realize Stan will do whatever he wants anyway and approve him and then align him with the Raiders who have zero chance of getting a stadium done in Oakland. This leaves the Chargers in San Diego and the owners will help to get Dean into a new stadium here. Then the NFL has three teams in the huge So Cal market again and a total of four teams and three new stadiums (including Levis) in California.
        I really think the Rams and Chargers end up together in Englewood and the Raiders are forced to stay in Oaktown. That is how I see it playing out. Either way, if the Bolts move to LA, I'm out.

I'm almost hoping it happens, it will be like getting out of an abusive marriage. I'm leaning Redskins to Steelers since I have some family ties to both of those towns, but there is no fucking way I'm rooting for ANY team with the words Los and Angeles in front of it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rams in Inglewood for sure. They will keep the Spani in limbo, telling them to negotiate with the city, and if it fails, it will allow them to rent in Inglewood starting in 2017. Chargers lame duck in SD.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Rams in Inglewood for sure. They will keep the Spani in limbo, telling them to negotiate with the city, and if it fails, it will allow them to rent in Inglewood starting in 2017. Chargers lame duck in SD.
            Instant Karma. Spanos would be living in his own, private hell - with Qualcomm filled with fans from other teams - for a year. But he's probably already imagined that scenario playing out, so I guess it really isn't going to be as painful as I would have liked it to be.

Comment

Build a navy & gold stadium in Inglewood, move the Chargers & Rams in. Done.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

I think the Rams project is a lock and the only question I have is whether or not the Chargers will go with them. I don't think the owners have an appetite for putting the Raiders in LA....they are the Raiders and still owned by the son of the man who battled the league.

I think the smartest thing for them to do is give the Rams project the go ahead and have them move to LA for the 2016 season and have the Chargers delayed to potentially work out a deal in SD or else still have the threat of them joining the Rams in LA. This allows SD to see if they can really get something done and eliminates the problem of finding a place in LA for 2 teams in the 2016 season.

So far the only thing no one believes is that the Chargers will go to Carson and have LA all to themselves.
                Last edited by BlazingBolt; 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM.
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  I think the Rams project is a lock and the only question I have is whether or not the Chargers will go with them. I don't think the owners have an appetite for putting the Raiders in LA....they are the Raiders and still owned by the son of the man who battled the league.

I think the smartest thing for them to do is give the Rams project the go ahead and have them move to LA for the 2016 season and have the Chargers delayed to potentially work out a deal in SD or else still have the threat of them joining the Rams in LA. This allows SD to see if they can really get something done and eliminates the problem of finding a place in LA for 2 teams in the 2016 season.

So far the only thing no one believes is that the Chargers will go to Carson and have LA all to themselves.
                  I see 2016 the same way. If relocation is tabled (which I previously leaned towards), I still see 2017 playing out as you said.
                  SD could be left twisting until Inglewood is up and ready. That could be 2019 or even later.
                  Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 01-07-2016, 01:47 PM.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

sheep and terds to LA.
                    Chargers move to STL and get re-named the Stallions.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I think the musical chairs loser gets sent to London.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Rams already volunteered to play a bunch of international games if they get to go to LA, so the league should just send a can of spotted dick to Spanos instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X