• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I guess my concern is, Bosa/Mack duo wasn’t all that when they played together. Now refs won’t ever call a holding penalty against opposing OTs blocking Bosa. He just became, well, average. For the money, I would move on from him.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      I guess my concern is, Bosa/Mack duo wasn’t all that when they played together. Now refs won’t ever call a holding penalty against opposing OTs blocking Bosa. He just became, well, average. For the money, I would move on from him.
      That part, forgetting everything else, could be a big deal.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

He's not going anywhere you'd lose more cap space getting rid of him then you'd gain.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          He's not going anywhere you'd lose more cap space getting rid of him then you'd gain.
          Unfortunately correct (unless he's traded - fat chance). We're stuck with joey at least thru 2023. Who knows - he may return to form next year . . . . . it could happen:sigh:

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
            Its like reading a blog full of distressed housewives on a drama show for TV.

Who cares? I want to see what the guy does on the field next when when he is actually 100% healthy. I don't care what random Philly fans think. I don't care what the the Raiders fans might think. I just don't care.

"Joey said bad things to the bad man" It makes my feelers hurt and what will the neighbors think?

Looking forward to Mack and Bosa next year with a new of Staley's system to evolve and grow.
            I'd like to see Bosa and Mack play with better players who won't make the defense pathetic.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              Not really - in fact, if traded, you would gain $17m of cap space in 2023 if the trade is pre June 1 and $22m of cap space in 2024. This offseason is the Chargers window to trade him... Not to mention, the draft picks that can be used to draft the replacement and possibly sign more players like KVN, Tranq, etc.

My guess, it will be explored. I do not think it happens - but I am sure it will be discussed not only inside Chargers Park but with other teams.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

He's been a bit of a headcase since day 1.
                sigpic

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  He's been a bit of a headcase since day 1.
                  His brother is better
                  Madd Maxx is better
                  I htink Mack is better
                  Chris Jones is better

In theory, Bosa and Mack sound good. In reality though -wish he were a little better

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Oh no your feelers are hurt again. LOL thanks for making my point.
                    LOL, did it really sound like you hurt my feels? Hey, we are definitely a product of our upbringing and the times we grew up in I still catch myself (regularly) saying things I shouldn't say every now and again and I’ve learned to self correct and be more broad minded…

I mean, it’s one thing to have been raised like that not knowing or fully understanding the damage we did with our language and it’s a whole other thing to not learn over time and actually take pride in sounding like what that sounds like today, in 2023…
                    :smh:
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

LOL, did it really sound like you hurt my feels? Hey, we are definitely a product of our upbringing and the times we grew up in I still catch myself (regularly) saying things I shouldn't say every now and again and I’ve learned to self correct and be more broad minded…

I mean, it’s one thing to have been raised like that not knowing or fully understanding the damage we did with our language and it’s a whole other thing to not learn over time and actually take pride in sounding like what that sounds like today, in 2023…
                      :smh:
                      LOL just LOL

Yea it sounded like you were crying at the keyboard.

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Mack and Bosa together, and the defense in general, were very good in Weeks 1 and 2. They won the Raiders game for us and did as much as you could ask for @KC, that game was a letdown by the offense/Herbert injury. Then Bosa gets hurt in Week 3. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all the "Bosa is overrated, we should look into trading him" takes because from Week 4 through Week 13 our pass rush was basically nonexistent and our run defense became as bad as last season. All season long our interior DL actually held up pretty well, teams got those big chunk plays running at the spot vacated by Bosa. Bosa being out is the #1 reason our run defense was so poor. He comes back from injury against the Rams on a snap count and then clearly had a setback in Week 18 against the Broncos. Staley lied about him being able to go back into that game, just like he lied about MW.

It's not hard to track, Bosa didn't suffer some massive decline in one year. The dude had 1.5 sacks through Weeks 1 and 2, got hurt, came back and suffered a setback the next week. Just throw out this year.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                          Mack and Bosa together, and the defense in general, were very good in Weeks 1 and 2. They won the Raiders game for us and did as much as you could ask for @KC, that game was a letdown by the offense/Herbert injury. Then Bosa gets hurt in Week 3. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all the "Bosa is overrated, we should look into trading him" takes because from Week 4 through Week 13 our pass rush was basically nonexistent and our run defense became as bad as last season. All season long our interior DL actually held up pretty well, teams got those big chunk plays running at the spot vacated by Bosa. Bosa being out is the #1 reason our run defense was so poor. He comes back from injury against the Rams on a snap count and then clearly had a setback in Week 18 against the Broncos. Staley lied about him being able to go back into that game, just like he lied about MW.

It's not hard to track, Bosa didn't suffer some massive decline in one year. The dude had 1.5 sacks through Weeks 1 and 2, got hurt, came back and suffered a setback the next week. Just throw out this year.
                          I would look to move him, towards the end of the year before he returned the defense was on a roll, I expected his return to be a huge boost but they actually regressed…I’ve been one of his biggest fans and supporters had the #99 jersey and still bought the #97 jersey and shamelessly root for fellow pasians like gaziano and bosa…I’ve heard the complaints over the years, the boneheaded penalties, the seemingly lack of effort at times, how he doesn’t carry himself like a team leader, how the production has not matched the money etc…

but for me Joey crossed a line in Jax, he selfishly put himself above my beloved team and cost the chargers big time and I’m a bolt fan first and a player fan second, all of us (most of my family) at home watching the game were appalled with his behavior on the national stage, he embarrassed the team, I’m done with the kid, I’m at the point where I don’t want to see him in bolts anymore
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X