• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Welcome New Charger QB Coach Doug Nussmeier

Since Doug is the former TE coach in Big D, the idea and possibility of TE Luke Musgrave in Los Angeles is sounding better and better....
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Welcome to LA, Doug!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Welcome to LA, Doug!
      Kellen Moore's OC in waiting . . . . . sorry sorry sorry

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Nice addition.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Two former star, left-handed QB's from Idaho colleges now. Nussmeier from U of I and Moore from Boise State. He'll be a good addition.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
            Two former star, left-handed QB's from Idaho colleges now. Nussmeier from U of I and Moore from Boise State. He'll be a good addition.
            s-l400.jpg

Kellen was Boise State QB too.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

A big fan of this hiring. I do hope they bring in an assistant QB coach to take Nussmeier’s position once he becomes the OC. I’m hoping for Scott Tolzien.

I’m still really hoping they bring in new Oline coaches and RB coach. For as much as the run game struggled, I am surprised they haven’t made any moves on that front.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Another fan here. Agree with those who said this is an important hire if Moore is successful and gets a HC job. He knows the Moore offense and is good succession planning. Also has tons of experience and is an older coach (but not too old) on a very, very youthful staff. Played QB so knows it not just from a theorectical standpoint. And lastly, this was likely Moore's choice which shows his influence already.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Another fan here. Agree with those who said this is an important hire if Moore is successful and gets a HC job. He knows the Moore offense and is good succession planning. Also has tons of experience and is an older coach (but not too old) on a very, very youthful staff. Played QB so knows it not just from a theorectical standpoint. And lastly, this was likely Moore's choice which shows his influence already.

TG
                  Three QBs: One from Oregon and two from Boise St.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023...chargers-staff

Report: Doug Nussmeier to follow former OC Kellen Moore, joining L.A. Chargers staff

While it feels like longer, it has only been a few weeks since the Dallas Cowboys moved on from offensive coordinator Kellen Moore. In the span of just a few days, the Cowboys moved on from Moore, and he became the offensive coordinator of the Los Angeles Chargers. Dallas then promoted Brian Schottenheimer to be their new OC with head coach Mike McCarthy expected to call plays.

While this all happened a few weeks ago, the offseason is now just truly beginning with the Super Bowl concluding Sunday night (once again, thank you Kansas City Chiefs!). We are inching closer and closer to things like the NFL Combine. and we are all very excited for free agency and the 2023 NFL Draft.

When free agency hits it will be interesting to see if any Cowboys players follow Kellen Moore to the Chargers. One possible option is tight end Dalton Schultz, or maybe even backup quarterback Cooper Rush. But we know one name that is falling in line right behind Moore.

A lot about the NFL is relationships and we often see coaches take some staffers with them when they leave from one job to another. This typically happens when coaches take head coach positions, but it happens further down the chain as well.

While he is not taking him since the Cowboys moved on from him, Kellen Moore has one person in his new camp over in Los Angeles. Doug Nussmeier is reportedly taking the Chargers quarterbacks coach position.

This is the same position that Nussmeier held with the Cowboys so like Moore, he will go from working closely with Dak Prescott to working closely with Justin Herbert. Needless to say we will have some eyes on the Chargers this coming season to see how they do.

ESPN’s Dianna Russini noted in her report here that she was told that Nussmeier had “multiple options.” The initial tweet indicated that he was taking the quarterbacks coach job with the New York Jets, but that was quickly deleted and the actual one was released. It is possible that the Jets tweet was an error that she corrected, but perhaps New York was another option that Nussmeier was considering.

The Cowboys will visit the Chargers in 2023 so Dan Quinn will get a chance to face off against what Kellen Moore and Doug Nussmeier cook up.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I was a bit concerned when I saw that the Bolts had interviewed the Raiders assistant for the job. Nussmirer makes so much more sense.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Lots of qb knowledge with this hire.
                        investing in Herbert.
                        I'm happy.
                        Welcome coach.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia