• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Wonder how long they been operating this way?I'm all for the new facility honestly but this really proves that the spanos clan have been out of their depth for awhile now.They are small money in a big money market.Sucks for the players and ultimately us fans.
    Nobody could argue they are small time players. I have little hope, but if they somehow were forced to sell by Dea Spanos because of the lawsuit - how great would that be???

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Again, wait until next season where their brand new, state of the art $270 million training facility opens...

Los Angeles Chargers Headquarters and Training Facility | Gensler
      Some of these things may be addressed with a shiny new training facility. Some aren't related to the building, more about how the players are treated, quality of training staff, food, etc.

I guess having a sauna and steam room is valuable

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

I take most of this with a big grain of salt, most of these perks that would have a team rated highly aren't at all necessary, but the one surprising and disappointing thing is no steam room or sauna. I'm nearly 50 and beat up pretty good from sports and 32 years of hard lifting. No doubt sauna and steam room can significantly benefit recovery, especially when followed by an ice bath (tub). Having said that, most players probably wouldn't use them anyway.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Some of these things may be addressed with a shiny new training facility. Some aren't related to the building, more about how the players are treated, quality of training staff, food, etc.

I would guess, and it's just a guess, that most of this is all addressed in the new facility. Staley seems pretty in tune with the players so if anyone can drive improvements I'm sure he can.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

I would guess, and it's just a guess, that most of this is all addressed in the new facility. Staley seems pretty in tune with the players so if anyone can drive improvements I'm sure he can.
            Yes Staley has agreed to pick up the player's uniforms and other laundry and give shoulder rubs

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yes Staley has agreed to pick up the player's uniforms and other laundry and give shoulder rubs
              Screenshot_20230301-155343_Brave.jpg

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Can you really trust the validity of any report that uses a grade of "F-"? I don't doubt at all the Spanos's are shit owners and that much of this true but how do you give an "F-" when grading billion dollar organizations? Come on man...
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

This is embarrasing.
                  Just add to the long list of things that are embarrassing with this team. Damn, it just gets harder and harder to defend this passion of mine (all of ours) to those who don't share it.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Their nutrition grade of 'F' seems to be keeping up the Spanos family tradition, honed way back in the days of the Bracero program.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Players sitting on a plane for an hour while they load on equipment will be a thing of the past once the new $270 million dollar facility is open.

Not that I distrust the Spanos, but i would need a look at their accounting ledgers to fully embrace that $270 million figure.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Nobody could argue they are small time players. I have little hope, but if they somehow were forced to sell by Dea Spanos because of the lawsuit - how great would that be???
                        I can tell you - as a Suns fans - to go from Robert Sarver to Mat Ishbia - I think will be a positive move. Now the Spanii, if ever forced to sell, could be sell to a terrible person. But also could sell and make it a positive

I think most fans realize it starts at the top and probably were not surprised to read the reports about the Chargers from the NFLPA

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Their nutrition grade of 'F' seems to be keeping up the Spanos family tradition, honed way back in the days of the Bracero program.
                          Was that Alex selling bologna sandwiches to the workers?

Comment

Working...
                          X