Will You Support The Chargers If They Go To LA?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highboltage
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

They aren't the Chargers without San Diego in front of it.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fuck no I won't. Hell, it would be very hard to support a Spanos owned team that stayed in San Diego. I can find better uses for my time and money.
      Last edited by Den60; 01-19-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• BoltBalls
        Always keep eye contact!
        • Jun 2013
        • SD!
        • Send PM

SD native born and raised, the team will be dead to me if they move to LA. I will root for any new team that comes to SD because (1) it's my city and (2) out of spite by going directly against Spanos. It will take me a while to warm up to the Raiders though if it ends up being that team.

Comment

• Hard Charger
          Chargers fan since 1977!
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I voted "NO," but it feels like someone just took Santa Clause out of Christmas! Why does this kind of shit always have to happen? I have loved, supported (season ticket holder for 10 years), and routed for this team for almost 40 years. I don't know how, or if I can even watch the NFL, if the Chargers leave San Diego. I have never been a San Diego resident, but was born and raised in California and have loved this team through thick and thin and it has mostly been thin as you you all well know. This is the lowest and I don't know where I will hang my hat, when it is all said and done. It has been fun hanging with you all throughout the different boards, I hope with everything in me that we are able to continue.

Good luck to us all!

HC

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

I can't process the emotions until it actually happens. I don't think I will. I will probably still watch on tv possibly. I can't imagine just swearing off the nfl completely and I can't imagine having a different team. I will just be a casual fan that won't buy gear or go to games anymore and maybe I find myself losing interest over time.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              It will be a lot easier to root for the Chargers if the City kicks them out. If Spanos tries to get a new stadium deal done and the city votes against it and dosnt care about losing its NFL team i will be pissed at the community.
              I voted no and I mean no, but this would be slightly different. I can't root for an LA team. That's my biggest issue. But, if a city vote left them high and dry, AND they changed their name to the SoCal Chargers maybe I'd maintain a little interest. No way I spend any more money on them as long as the Spanii are in charge though.
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

It's hard to separate Dean from the players. The disdain for Dean is deserved but it's not like Rivers or Gates or any of the players had anything to do with it. I certainly wouldn't want Rivers or any of the other players I have rooted so passionately for to suffer because Dean is a buffoon.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

I do think if we get to vote on it or not matters.

To me, they have been saying they want to remain in SD all along but were forced to play defense to try and keep the Rams out while solving there stadium situation. They have now failed to keep the Rams out and there is no longer this race to LA that was preventing the team from sincerely engaging in negotiations. They got 100 extra million to stay in SD now too. There is no longer any reason not to engage the city to try to stay. A vote is no longer a risk because if it fails they can just go to LA, they will no longer be risking their pursuit of LA.

If we get a chance to vote on the NFL and Chargers helping this town get a stadium built with no new taxes and that vote failed and they had to leave town....I think in my mind I wouldn't hold it against them but for me personally while they still may be my favorite team I will never wear LA Chargers gear or go to practices or games or spend so much damn time discussing the team.

I sincerely believe Dean will at least to attempt to give us the closure of putting it to a vote.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Highboltage
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If they move to LA, they aren't the Chargers anymore they're just abusing the name.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
                      If they move to LA, they aren't the Chargers anymore they're just abusing the name.
                      Preach it Brother!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        It will be a lot easier to root for the Chargers if the City kicks them out. If Spanos tries to get a new stadium deal done and the city votes against it and dosnt care about losing its NFL team i will be pissed at the community.
                        Kinda seems like the city already has kicked them out, this whole get a stadium done now impetus must feel like the ultimate slap in the face to the team. Be great if they could work something out, and get a vote to pass, but not feeling it.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Kinda seems like the city already has kicked them out, this whole get a stadium done now impetus must feel like the ultimate slap in the face to the team. Be great if they could work something out, and get a vote to pass, but not feeling it.
                          easy to be critical when you don't have a dog in the fight....how much of your hard earned cash are you willing to donate to the Spanos family business so that they can enrich themselves while you get nothing?

socialize the costs...privatize the profits
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X