• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, but the passion for the team turns into continuous hatred for a player because they are overreacting to something that is just business. The other players understand that and it isn't a distraction to them.
    Popper's latest comments on it:

Will Ekeler be a Charger this season?

Part of the reason the Chargers granted Ekeler permission to seek a trade was so he could get a sense of the running back market firsthand. It has been an unforgiving market so far this offseason, and it appears as though Ekeler is coming to that realization, based on his comments.

The odds of a team both trading draft compensation for Ekeler and giving him the top-of-the-market long-term extension he is seeking are very slim. They have been slim all along. Ekeler has been one of the most productive players in the league over the past two years. But he is turning 28 in May and is also coming off back-to-back seasons with at least 275 touches, including 311 touches last year.

Ekeler returning to the Chargers, either on his current deal or a short-term extension, still feels like the likeliest outcome. — Popper

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He should take the extension + pay increase, whatever it is. Smartest money move.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        He should take the extension + pay increase, whatever it is. Smartest money move.
        Off the table for now. If he keeps his mouth shut there is some possibility that it happens.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

hell no - chargers would not be tagging Ekeler at 10m or whatever the tag is
          Well, IMO...if he was UFA this year....I think it's highly likely the tag him like other teams did their top RB instead of commit to a longer term deal. I think that's what also give Chargers leverage and why they were happy to give him their ideal offer and then say no to him on his number...he is under contract and they can actually retain him next year at less than the 12mil he thinks he is worth. And since his cap hit was 7.75, it's not a huge jump to 10mil. So the Chargers are sitting there thinking....we don't have to give you a raise this year.....and not only that...but for about 3mil pay raise....half of what you want.....we can keep you again. He says trade me and they say okay go find a team.....which again they can say no to the offer until they like they return they get. They have all this leverage and I think they are wisely keeping the option/leverage of tagging him on their table.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, but the passion for the team turns into continuous hatred for a player because they are overreacting to something that is just business. The other players understand that and it isn't a distraction to them.
            Hatred is hyperbolic. Dislike for the players actions is more apt. But I know it’s easy to dismiss someone when they are extreme so why let facts get in the way?

I do love your optimism, you know players are human and not some code on a Madden game right? Sure if the player holds out and comes back after getting paid players understand but if that player comes back and is upset they feel that right? Human beings know when other humans are upset and when you’re trying to gel as a team and get to the next level having a malcontent can effect that process. But nahh you’re probably right nothing to worry about.

awesome homer simpson GIF

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Hatred is hyperbolic. Dislike for the players actions is more apt. But I know it’s easy to dismiss someone when they are extreme so why let facts get in the way?

I do love your optimism, you know players are human and not some code on a Madden game right? Sure if the player holds out and comes back after getting paid players understand but if that player comes back and is upset they feel that right? Human beings know when other humans are upset and when you’re trying to gel as a team and get to the next level having a malcontent can effect that process. But nahh you’re probably right nothing to worry about.

awesome homer simpson GIF
              You sure complain a lot when nothing as of yet has happened. I call that over reacting.

If Ekeler holds out, you may have a valid point. Said he won't, so til he does,....WTF man, chill out!

Can't bet on yourself if you hold out.

Whether he is here or not they should draft a RB.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Not sure if this is true or not but it might make his comment about worst case scenario seem a little more understandable.
                Attached Files
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Not sure if this is true or not but it might make his comment about worst case scenario seem a little more understandable.
                  If Ekeler said this, we have a problem.

Ryan has a long career of never getting over the top, albeit the SB loss was on Kyle Shanahan.

The issue is that Herbert has an undetermined long career ahead of him, and that will be following the season of rib and shoulder injuries plus a makeshift oline.

Your fumbling issue is a problem, Austin, and the Chargers should waive you if it is true that you said this about Justin in a voice loud enough to be overheard.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

doubt that JH cares one diddley even if true.... am guessing he would be first to admit he had an off game, and regardless of how much of that was StaLombo ??

that game w/Ja'Sir against Jax, reminds me of the Cletis Gordon game against Pittsburgh.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      doubt that JH cares one diddley even if true.... am guessing he would be first to admit he had an off game, and regardless of how much of that was StaLombo ??

that game w/Ja'Sir against Jax, reminds me of the Cletis Gordon game against Pittsburgh.
                      One of the reasons I am barking is that our weaknesses, especially including lack of depth at key positions, cost us dearly in 2022.

Ja'Sir was asked to do something that only an experienced size CB should be asked to do.

In my view, we need to identify our weakest links and address that...and get a weapon or two.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Do people not realize this is a satire site?

For example:

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

If Ekeler said this, we have a problem.

Ryan has a long career of never getting over the top, albeit the SB loss was on Kyle Shanahan.

The issue is that Herbert has an undetermined long career ahead of him, and that will be following the season of rib and shoulder injuries plus a makeshift oline.

Your fumbling issue is a problem, Austin, and the Chargers should waive you if it is true that you said this about Justin in a voice loud enough to be overheard.
                          A bit OT but
                          iirc, if Ryan avoids 1 devastating sack, the ATL offense is in prime position to make a FG and escape that infamous comeback.
                          if so, I put that on my veteran QB to throw the ball away.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X