Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sounds mental-health related.
    hope he's well.
    Could be, my thinking was the pro-game wasn't fun for him, and it affected his play.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Good luck you, Nas!
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Could be, my thinking was the pro-game wasn't fun for him, and it affected his play.

Yeah, you have to wonder if he just didn't have the passion that is required at this level.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Yeah, you have to wonder if he just didn't have the passion that is required at this level.
          That's what it sounds like to me. Guy doesn't really want to dedicate himself to the game and moves on. Wish him luck. Had a lot of promise as both a safety and a kick returner.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Possibly watching another Safety almost die this past year took any passion left away.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I'm actually surprised more of these guys don't do this. After 4 or 5 years in the NFL they have enough money to buy or start a business that will provide for them without any danger to their bodies.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

HUGE decision by such a young guy.
                Whilst I never wanted the Bolts to re-sign him( don't think he was very good), certainly didn't see this coming.
                I hope he can find happiness in the next phase of life.
                And I agree Roo, totally surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

A player choosing to retire early from the NFL has nothing to do with a GM. This should have no reflection on if a GM stays or goes.
                  No shit. Choosing the rest of your life over another injury that could have you drinking out of a straw for 50+ years until you die? Football is brutal, just ask Demar. Some would say he has no nads but I think it took some pretty big ones to just walk away. Cheers to the rest of your life Nas!!!

Comment

• ChargersFan12345
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    So no comp pick for Adderly?

Wish him well in life. Was not a very good safety and had a lot of chances with multiple coaching staffs.

TG
                    The NFL does not give compensation picks for players that retired early

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Possibly watching another Safety almost die this past year took any passion left away.
                      Wouldn’t surprise me if we see more of this after what happened in Buffalo vs Cincy game.

Comment

• boldarblood
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

No shit. Choosing the rest of your life over another injury that could have you drinking out of a straw for 50+ years until you die? Football is brutal, just ask Demar. Some would say he has no nads but I think it took some pretty big ones to just walk away. Cheers to the rest of your life Nas!!!
                        I said that because of this line in the text I quoted.

"Best wishes to Nas, however another 2nd round draft pick of TT's drafted players that didn't work out!"

This is not on TT.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

A player choosing to retire early from the NFL has nothing to do with a GM. This should have no reflection on if a GM stays or goes.
                          It actually could . . . if the signs were there (and ignored or discounted) during the draft process that his heart really wasn't into being a professional football player. There's more to drafting the right guy than just the physical talent. It takes a lot of physical and mental effort and sacrifice to improve, and the pressure to get better and be more successful on the field is probably pretty daunting (better get with it - we've got 15 guys lined up behind you who would literally kill to take your place). A player's mindset has to be right ( re - Slater),

A different mindset (maturity?) - more than anything else - has been what's got Pipkins over the hump. It's just my opinion but I think that quite a few of the guys that don't make it past their 1st contract decide that; 1) they've made enough money to be comfortable or at least to jump start another career, and 2) they just don't want to work as hard as they know they'll have to to continue to be employed as an NFL player.

I won't call Nas lazy, because I don't know him or his situation, but he didn't really improve as you would expect a high draft choice with his physical talents should have over his tenure with the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X