• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It could be that it was the 5th consecutive game they won by more than 10 in the tourney? I think I’d put the betting odds up around there and I’m an AztecForLifer. Aztecs have a game, its worked to get them here but they will need to be more efficient on offense and we’ll see how much their defense can affect UConn because they have just rolled every team they’ve seen so far.

but damn won’t that be something if Monty’s kids can do it? UConn scored 72 vs Miami, not 102. Aztecs had held teams 10+ pts below their normal, except FAU they didnt - if they hold UConn to 62 pr so they are in the game. Or if they shoot 10 pts+ better than their avg offensively - same. They missed a lot of easy shots and a ton of FTs yesterday. it will take a better than usual Aztec game for us to win but as noted - ANY team CAN win in a one-game match. .

not that that same lesson should transfer to Charger football or anything
    Alabama won their first 2 tournament games by over 20 points and we took care of them - let's shock the world again!

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

It could be that it was the 5th consecutive game they won by more than 10 in the tourney? I think I’d put the betting odds up around there and I’m an AztecForLifer. Aztecs have a game, its worked to get them here but they will need to be more efficient on offense and we’ll see how much their defense can affect UConn because they have just rolled every team they’ve seen so far.

but damn won’t that be something if Monty’s kids can do it? UConn scored 72 vs Miami, not 102. Aztecs had held teams 10+ pts below their normal, except FAU they didnt - if they hold UConn to 62 pr so they are in the game. Or if they shoot 10 pts+ better than their avg offensively - same. They missed a lot of easy shots and a ton of FTs yesterday. it will take a better than usual Aztec game for us to win but as noted - ANY team CAN win in a one-game match. .

not that that same lesson should transfer to Charger football or anything
      No mentioning the other team in this thread. We don’t want bad mojo lol.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Long time Aztec radio play caller Ted Leitner called most of the games until he turned the mic over to CBS radio announcers when SDSU got to the final four. Ted must be feeling real good about now. “These, my Aztecs, are now playing for a national championship.” Yes they are, Ted.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          Long time Aztec radio play caller Ted Leitner called most of the games until he turned the mic over to CBS radio announcers when SDSU got to the final four. Ted must be feeling real good about now. “These, my Aztecs, are now playing for a national championship.” Yes they are, Ted.
          I heard all (early) afternoon yesterday on 760 pregame show that Uncle Teddy was there and he was calling the game. I didnt tune in to radio during game, i watched on TV, so don’t know. You sure CBS coverage wasn’t on 97.3 but Ted/Aztec normal coverage on 760AM (talking San Diego radio, of course)?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

SDSU -7

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Alabama won their first 2 tournament games by over 20 points and we took care of them - let's shock the world again!
              Exactly!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Final two! Aztecs know how to finish.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Exactly!
                  we can win, just like we beat Bama. The betting line is where they can get half the folks betting on one side or another, its not science. I can’t wait to see reality.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

I heard all (early) afternoon yesterday on 760 pregame show that Uncle Teddy was there and he was calling the game. I didnt tune in to radio during game, i watched on TV, so don’t know. You sure CBS coverage wasn’t on 97.3 but Ted/Aztec normal coverage on 760AM (talking San Diego radio, of course)?
                    I just remember Ted saying…”over to you CBS” for the final four. Locally, I didn’t hear Ted on local stations. FM or AM. Ted covered the Aztecs games up until the final 4. Regardless, Ted is no doubt jazzed and proud..

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      No mentioning the other team in this thread. We don’t want bad mojo lol.
                      Mentioning the upcoming opponent is bad mojo? Is that why LAC lost 8 games - because some dipshit posted the opposing team in the title of the goddamn GDT? Or was it that TPB talked about that team the entire week before the game? Whoa, we’ve been fucking it up!

Mods need to get that stopped before September! No mention of opponents from here on out- gotcha.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

I just remember Ted saying…”over to you CBS” for the final four. Locally, I didn’t hear Ted on local stations. FM or AM. Ted covered the Aztecs games up until the final 4. Regardless, Ted is jazzed.
                        Yeah beats me too. I didnt listen to radio after around 2pm. Ted covered Aztec games for years - back when no announcers wanted to cove them. He’s a charming local landmark type guy - and not a bad play by play (not greatest but i have an affection for him after all these years).

oh yeah Ted is geeked! We all are! Aztec4Life!

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Leitner called the game. His call of the last shot can be found on Youtube if you really want to - not sure why you would. Leitner was an icon for many years but is kind of painful to listen to the past several years.

Comment

Working...
                          X