I apologize to SDFan and Bolt-O and BKR and....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I apologize to SDFan and Bolt-O and BKR and....

You were right. Chargers bluffed it all the way to the end.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Now the question is whether the deal can be done. To be honest, I don't know, the finances are tough. I was only disgusted that Spanos and FIBs didn't negotiate in good faith, but it was clear that they had to go 'all in' for LA, or they had no chance of getting more than the their portion of the relocation fee, which they had already spent in this 'campaign of terror'. I'll say that if the end result is that after negotiations and/or a vote is that they don't fix the stadium, I won't mind the Chargers leaving for that glass box in Inglewood. At least they will have tried for real, and they may still retain me as a fan.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Good predictable business move by Spanos. This means the ball is in the city's court. If they vote against a new stadium like i think they will then they will move to LA. If the city dosnt want a new stadium and an NFL team i will still be a Charger fan and root for the LA Chargers when they move.

The city can longer say that Spanos turned his back on us fans and left for the money. Had they just left for LA without giving us a chance to get a stadium deal done it would have been hard for me not to root against the Chargers. I sort of feel like no matter what now i can justify rooting for the LA Chargers but hoping they stay in Diego like i always expected.

Good day for me personally. And i think its a good day for fans.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

It is the people that will vote right? I cant imagine it getting turned down but it is San Diego. Many benefits to the City for a new stadium and every other City has built two, why not America's Finest City? I think it would be embarrassing if they didnt vote it in.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          It is the people that will vote right? I cant imagine it getting turned down but it is San Diego. Many benefits to the City for a new stadium and every other City has built two, why not America's Finest City? I think it would be embarrassing if they didnt vote it in.
          Exactly

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Good predictable business move by Spanos. This means the ball is in the city's court. If they vote against a new stadium like i think they will then they will move to LA. If the city dosnt want a new stadium and an NFL team i will still be a Charger fan and root for the LA Chargers when they move.

The city can longer say that Spanos turned his back on us fans and left for the money. Had they just left for LA without giving us a chance to get a stadium deal done it would have been hard for me not to root against the Chargers. I sort of feel like no matter what now i can justify rooting for the LA Chargers but hoping they stay in Diego like i always expected.

Am I reading this correctly? You actually feel that if the city doesn't promise the Chargers more tax money (much more than the $350M they have promised) or that if the voters don't approve it you would release the Chargers from any blame for moving?

How much should the city give to Spanos to keep him here before you would decide that perhaps that is too much?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              Am I reading this correctly? You actually feel that if the city doesn't promise the Chargers more tax money (much more than the $350M they have promised) or that if the voters don't approve it you would release the Chargers from any blame for moving?

How much should the city give to Spanos to keep him here before you would decide that perhaps that is too much?
              I just want a stadium done. Maybe if its total rape and its obvious that it was bad for the city then i will rethink. But im going into this thinking new ideas for the cost of the stadium will be put on the table.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Exactly. As long as a deal the city and the team agree to gets on the ballot, I remain a fan. I don't think the city would agree to anything they don't think is a good deal, by that definition, if it gets on the ballot, its enough for me. SD then needs to decide big picture/big boy or not.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post

You think Faulconer and Roberts are going to allow a bad deal to get on the ballot? Really? Am I reading that correctly?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I just want a stadium done. Maybe if its total rape and its obvious that it was bad for the city then i will rethink. But im going into this thinking new ideas for the cost of the stadium will be put on the table.

FLEET, why don't you put in a third.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                      FLEET, why don't you put in a third.
                      Consolidated Aircraft Stadium?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Stadiums offer many benefits to cities?

Comment

Working...
                        X