• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

This is a hard ass schedule. I hate opening up against the Dolphins in Miami Trap game.

Tyreke Hill scares me. That game can be 31-17 and we might be on the other side Of that. I hate going down to Florida. South Florida hot muggy humid. I just want us to come back with all our players intact.

the DBs are the best in the league. Ramsay and Howard. Thier defensive line is good.

looking at this your up kid rookie. Quentin Johnston we are going to be leaning on him a lot.

I think our line can get to Tua Bosa and Tutu and Mack. That’s where the game is gonna be won. Against Tutus former teammate Austin Jackson at right tackle. The former teammates going against each other former Trojans.

Comment

• SK21209
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2020
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

The only teams I’m certain will be good on this schedule are the Chiefs and Bills. The Titans can’t decide if they’re rebuilding. The Vikings alternate good and mediocre years and their 2022 statistical profile screams regression more than any team in recent memory. The Cowboys were good last year but will be employing McCarthy’s bold “score less points” strategy. Adding Rodgers to an elite defense sounds great for the Jets, but the thing is it’s much harder maintain an elite defense season to season than it is for an elite offense. The offensive personnel around the Jets is also just okay. Miami could be a contender for the next few years or they could be a one year flash in the pan. The Lions are fun but we’ve seen Goff get figured out before. No one really knows what the Broncos will be and the Raiders don’t have very many good players.

When we look at a new schedule in May, we assume every team will hit the high end of their outlook. That will not be the case.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        This is a hard ass schedule. I hate opening up against the Dolphins in Miami Trap game.

Tyreke Hill scares me. That game can be 31-17 and we might be on the other side Of that. I hate going down to Florida. South Florida hot muggy humid. I just want us to come back with all our players intact.

the DBs are the best in the league. Ramsay and Howard. Thier defensive line is good.

looking at this your up kid rookie. Quentin Johnston we are going to be leaning on him a lot.

I think our line can get to Tua Bosa and Tutu and Mack. That’s where the game is gonna be won. Against Tutus former teammate Austin Jackson at right tackle. The former teammates going against each other former Trojans.
        The game’s in LA

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
          The only teams I’m certain will be good on this schedule are the Chiefs and Bills. The Titans can’t decide if they’re rebuilding. The Vikings alternate good and mediocre years and their 2022 statistical profile screams regression more than any team in recent memory. The Cowboys were good last year but will be employing McCarthy’s bold “score less points” strategy. Adding Rodgers to an elite defense sounds great for the Jets, but the thing is it’s much harder maintain an elite defense season to season than it is for an elite offense. The offensive personnel around the Jets is also just okay. Miami could be a contender for the next few years or they could be a one year flash in the pan. The Lions are fun but we’ve seen Goff get figured out before. No one really knows what the Broncos will be and the Raiders don’t have very many good players.

When we look at a new schedule in May, we assume every team will hit the high end of their outlook. That will not be the case.
          Co-sign all of this, nice post.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Do you think they beat lose to the Fish and beat TN and lose to Minnesota
            we could be 3-0....or 0-3...... depending on whether this years defense can actually tackle someone and stop the run like a professional defense is supposed to do????

What typically happens, is this team reacts to opponents just like fans do.... if fans assume Titans or texans are weaklings, then the team does that too..... and ends up getting physically run over!!!..... there are ZERO easy games this season, we will have to play way better than last year to finish above .500.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

If this team goes 0-4 or 1-4 before the bye then everyone needs to be fired. They should be 3-1 or 4-0 before the bye.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

we could be 3-0....or 0-3...... depending on whether this years defense can actually tackle someone and stop the run like a professional defense is supposed to do????

What typically happens, is this team reacts to opponents just like fans do.... if fans assume Titans or texans are weaklings, then the team does that too..... and ends up getting physically run over!!!..... there are ZERO easy games this season, we will have to play way better than last year to finish above .500.
                The Chargers players all adjust their effort to whatever the PB posters are saying. Easy win? Take the week off with a lady and some cold ones. It's just a kid's game anyway ( that they are being pail ungodly piles of money to win - and the pay streak will disappear if they don't)

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Fish are 2 - 4 when Hill gets 9+ receptions. I mean dude had a 60-yard TD including an easy 57 yard fumble recovery TD against us and they still lost to the Chargers.

We need to stay ahead of the turnover battle.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

The Dolphins game is in LA

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The Chargers players all adjust their effort to whatever the PB posters are saying. Easy win? Take the week off with a lady and some cold ones. It's just a kid's game anyway ( that they are being pail ungodly piles of money to win - and the pay streak will disappear if they don't)
                      there are ZERO easy games this season, we will have to play way better than last year to finish above .500.

Poke fun if you like, but there's a lot of truth in this statement. Chargers have had a propensity to play down to the level of their competition - they better be ready to play up to their level this year . . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

there are ZERO easy games this season, we will have to play way better than last year to finish above .500.

Poke fun if you like, but there's a lot of truth in this statement. Chargers have had a propensity to play down to the level of their competition - they better be ready to play up to their level this year . . . . . .
                        Good thing all the games are tough ones against actual NFL teams.

Comment

• Chargerville
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                          We also tend to assume this for the Chargers. IMO you don’t have to be to the caliber of the Chiefs and Bills to beat the Chargers, and for the most (besides 2018 and the middle to end of 2017) until the culture actually turns the corner and changes… this has been the case for years… almost the entire 2010s to present

unpredictable middle of the teams like Cleveland, Minnesota, Raiders, Broncos… the Chargers are 50/50 against because in many ways, they always end up proving to be one of those teams themselves (no matter what the reasons are, injuries, play calling, coaching, can’t control the clock & run the ball, can’t stop the run… bad special teams whatever)

That Minnesota game we lost two seasons ago is a prime example of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X