• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If there were true equity, Derwin would receive one-quarter less than he is earning, and that would go Ekeler, who does a lot more for this team.
    Or the useless Spanos can give up a bit more of their cut of the profits.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

If there were true equity, Derwin would receive one-quarter less than he is earning, and that would go Ekeler, who does a lot more for this team.
      True equity would not cherry-pick 2 of 53 players. James is to Ekeler as Ekeler is to Salyer, to pick one example. If James made 1/4 less, Ekeler is not the guy it should go to. Ekeler can make, what, $8M+ this year? The universe has spoken and said thats a great salary. You know how many guys make around $1M? they work just as hard as Ekeler and Ekeler could not gain a single yard without them. Yet he makes 8 times them? Equity anyone?

equity-fucking hell. Equity is everyone gets to breath the same air. After that, its go get what you can get. America!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

True equity would not cherry-pick 2 of 53 players. James is to Ekeler as Ekeler is to Salyer, to pick one example. If James made 1/4 less, Ekeler is not the guy it should go to. Ekeler can make, what, $8M+ this year? The universe has spoken and said thats a great salary. You know how many guys make around $1M? they work just as hard as Ekeler and Ekeler could not gain a single yard without them. Yet he makes 8 times them? Equity anyone?

equity-fucking hell. Equity is everyone gets to breath the same air. After that, its go get what you can get. America!
        Who does more for this team, Derwin or Ekeler?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree. Ekeler will do fine salary wise this year. And if he doesnt like this years salary, he sure isnt going to like next years salary whether he is here or somewhere else. It is just the way it is.
          The owners can do what they want and if they want to vastly overpay QBs, let them. I dont feel sorry for them and the way they hand out money. Kyler Murray isnt near a top QB and he got overpaid. They are stuck if he sucks again next season. But if they only win 4 games like they are projected, look for the new regime to pick another QB in the draft.

Ekeler had 107 receptions last season. Maybe next year he should declare being a WR!
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-15-2023, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The NFL market is set.
            DJ is about where he should be. Ek is a few mil low but playing on the terms he agreed on.
            Anyone who is being paid over $500k a year for physical work in an entertainment field isn't getting any sympathy from me.
            NFL bucks are at an obscene threshold.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Derwin James, especially going forward.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The NFL market is set.
                DJ is about where he should be. Ek is a few mil low but playing on the terms he agreed on.
                Anyone who is being paid over $500k a year for physical work in an entertainment field isn't getting any sympathy from me.
                Don't talk in circles please. You didn't answer my question. Who does more for the Chargers, Ekeler or Derwin?

I'll take Ekeler's side. In 2022 Ekeler gained 915 yds rushing on 204 carries, averaging 4.5 ypc. He scored 13 rushing TDs. He caught 107 passes for 722 yds and an additional 5 TDs. He led the league in scoring for the 2nd consecutive season. His 1,637 combined yds was 8th in the league. In 2021, Ekeler also led the league in scoring with 12 rushing TDs and 8 receiving TDs. He gained 991 yds rushing on 206 carries, averaging 4.4 ypc. His 1,558 combined yds was 7th in the league. Ekeler is set to earn $6.25 mil this season, the last year of his contract. Incentives can push that $1.75 mil higher, incentives that are reachable if he has similar production in 2023.

Derwin James signed a new 4 year contract last season that pays him an average of 19 mil per year. That is three times what Ekeler is going to earn this season. What is about James' game that makes him worth three times more than Ekeler.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

The NFL market is set.
                  Disagree with you there. Boxers, MMA fighters, and football and hockey players will have to face injuries down the road that most of us won't even come close to worrying about.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Don't talk in circles please. You didn't answer my question. Who does more for the Chargers, Ekeler or Derwin?

I'll take Ekeler's side. In 2022 Ekeler gained 915 yds rushing on 204 carries, averaging 4.5 ypc. He scored 13 rushing TDs. He caught 107 passes for 722 yds and an additional 5 TDs. He led the league in scoring for the 2nd consecutive season. His 1,637 combined yds was 8th in the league. In 2021, Ekeler also led the league in scoring with 12 rushing TDs and 8 receiving TDs. He gained 991 yds rushing on 206 carries, averaging 4.4 ypc. His 1,558 combined yds was 7th in the league. Ekeler is set to earn $6.25 mil this season, the last year of his contract. Incentives can push that $1.75 mil higher, incentives that are reachable if he has similar production in 2023.

Derwin James signed a new 4 year contract last season that pays him an average of 19 mil per year. That is three times what Ekeler is going to earn this season. What is about James' game that makes him worth three times more than Ekeler.
                    Individually, DJ. Ek can't do squat without the rest of the offense.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Individually, DJ. Ek can't do squat without the rest of the offense.
                      I don't know how this makes sense. Maybe it does to you but it doesn't pass my logic test. How is Derwin any more or less dependent on the rest of the defense than Ekeler? You are proposing that Derwin can play defense by himself, he doesn't need any other players on the field?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

I don't know how this makes sense. Maybe it does to you but it doesn't pass my logic test. How is Derwin any more or less dependent on the rest of the defense than Ekeler? You are proposing that Derwin can play defense by himself, he doesn't need any other players on the field?
                        I don't know how it makes sense to say a running back who's never made a Pro Bowl does more for the team than a two-time All-Pro safety.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Derwin is often covering multiple defensive positions when other defenders don’t do their job. When the OL doesn’t do their job, Ekeler goes nowhere. He gained 35 yards rushing (2.6 avg) and 8 yards on 2 rec (4.0 yard avg) in JAX playoff game. Where was he all second half of the game? Same with the 2018 playoff game, where was he? 29 yards rushing?

I think it’s unfair, personally, but I thought you put emphasis on how stars play in the biggest games? You have said it over and over. You don’t apply that rule to Ekeler?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X