At pick #3 who is the Hall of Fame player?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Ezekiel Elliott and J. Bosa to me are the safest picks, hope they are great in the NFL...

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

300 players in the HOF. Around 100 of them were 1st rounders. And out of the 100 1st rounders.... 35 were drafted in the top 3 picks. 15 of those players were positions of need. The rest QB/RBs. Good luck with the predictions.

15 players in 80 years drafted in the top 3 in positions we need. We wont be drafting a QB or RB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Very hard to even try and predict who will be a HOF but agree with Fleet. Most HOFs are first round picks and the lower the round , the less there are but that said IMO if we pick for who is the best player, i think id go with Myles Jack. My top three for us are Tunsil, Jack, Bosa. And if we do pick Jack i dont think that means Te'o wont be resigned either. Jack can do many things. Some FB, goal line RB, perhaps some SS, ILB, maybe some Leo if we use that formation.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Very hard to even try and predict who will be a HOF but agree with Fleet. Most HOFs are first round picks and the lower the round , the less there are but that said IMO if we pick for who is the best player, i think id go with Myles Jack. My top three for us are Tunsil, Jack, Bosa. And if we do pick Jack i dont think that means Te'o wont be resigned either. Jack can do many things. Some FB, goal line RB, perhaps some SS, ILB, maybe some Leo if we use that formation.
          The last thing the Chargers need is guy with injury history (sorry Jack). Has to be Tunsil or Bosa.

Comment

• CTrout
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
            The last thing the Chargers need is guy with injury history (sorry Jack). Has to be Tunsil or Bosa.
            Well, if your worried about injury history.....might as well cross Tunsil off too. Wasn't there a broken leg, ankle issue, knee issue etc.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
              He was injured one season. Bosa has missed games as a freshman and last season. Just saying. A knee injury can happen to anybody. I like all three players but i think Jack could be a terrific player and be used at a few spots. We need playmakers but id be fine with either.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Jacks are wild.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                  He'd have to put himself in the same conversation as Polamalu and Reed, game changers, playmakers. Ramsey has zero ball skills and his big plays are few and far between.
                  Maybe with time he'll improve....
                  Ramsey strikes me as a guy who could be a much better pro then college player. He has played nickle, CB and S, so he has been asked to do a lot of different things. I think he would be better if he was allowed to settle down and really master one position.

While he doesn't make a lot of plays, he is around the ball a lot, and if he can get better at the mental side of things, he is in position that those plays are there. Weddle had a similar stretch early in his career, where he just came up short with a lot of int and big plays, but didn't seem to quite make them (the season before he signed the extension).

But no, Ramsey is not a finished product. He is getting a lot of say so because he is a great athlete who has been in a lot of big games. If we traded down, I think Ramsey would be an OK pick, but I think a #3 pick should have the athletic ability and the production, so it is hard for me to get too excited about him, not matter how athletic he is.

If Ramsey were to be put in our nickle DB spot, or used like Polamalu was for Pitt, then he has a chance to be a special player. Up close to the line, walked out in coverage and allowed to mix it up inside some. He could be pretty good if he was a center-field type S like Ed Reed. But the problem with our D, we want a little bit of everything out of our S. They play both centerfield, and 2/3 deep S, rotate into the box to play the run, line up man to man vs the TE or slot, and even blitz. There is a lot for them to master, and I don't think Ramsey has the mental side of the game to be great in our D.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

The question with Jack is what position does he play? He is listed at ILB, but he was used more like a S or CB then a true LB. He has no chance of playing OLB in a 34 D, and has no pass rush skills. He can play bump and run, or play some off coverage. He reads the run well as a LB, but he little clue about shedding blocks or even how to tackle. He is an explosive hitter, but just grabs people when tackling and is going to miss a lot of tackles in the NFL before he learns to break down and wrap up.

He is super raw, but his best fit would probably be as a WILL LB in a 43 D that covers him up. He can probably learn to play S or LB, but he has a long way to go to be ready to play either position for us.

Plus, do ILB have that big an impact in todays game, where it is rare to have a team try to run the ball more than 20 times in game? As a S, would he ever be more than an in the box type?

Comment

Working...
                    X