Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Podcasts - What Do You Think?

I am not crazy about podcasts. I'm in YouTube and see a headline saying something like "KA making circus catches in OTAs". So I click on it and it turns out to be two kids, with ballcaps on backwards, saying they heard that Kennan is going wild in camp. No video, just talk and I'm wondering if there's any difference between what they are doing and what TPB members do all the time? Do they know something we don't know? Do they have access to watch the practices?

What do you guys think?
    Do you listen to any of these podcasts that you enjoy more than others?
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

No real difference than some of the opinions here, except if one gets a following on YouTube (or where ever), they can get paid for doing it. Even the professional broadcasters out there had to start from something, if they weren't impressing someone, they wouldn't be on the air too long. Former players may already have a fan base, so its easier for the networks to bring them on as 'analysts', however you do see guys like Florio and Mel Kiper make it because they were able to build a listener/reader base, despite the content they created.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Some podcasts are horrifically bad fluff (The Director). Other stuff is decent (Guilty as Charged).

Save yourself some time and never listed to bad podcasters twice.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

No. I'm not going to watch or listen to talking heads ramble on for 30 mins or an hour or two hours about things I already know about and they are often misinformed about. It it's five mins I might do a listen. But I don't think they make any money that way.

And btw, I have never watched a YouTube ad. I have the Adblock Plus extension on my Chrome browser it removes every bit of advertising.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Since its the offseason Ill get a bit off topic. I don't listen to podcasts with one exception. I will listen to podcasts that go into detail on 1st edition AD&D. I really enjoy that and can spend quit a lot of time listening to different takes on the rules and running different modules.

Anyway that is my guilty pleasure and the only podcasts Ill pay attention to.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

I personally dont watch any of them. They are all just fans like us. I think the guys plugged into DHBC got a side gig with the Bolts because of Megan. Megan and Jen Mills are close from what i hear. So that Charger twitter and the DHBC gang are pretty attached and some of the members see perks of that. Charger twitter has made her best charger fan friends some clout throughout Chargerville social media.

I think a TPB Podcast instantly goes to the top of all of them right? lol

​
            IMG_3431.png ​​​​​​​

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Guilty as Charged is currently my favorite but I'll listen to a lot of the others as needed.
              I'm always starved for more information on the Chargers. For me podcasts are perfect for driving or the gym.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I dont listen to any of them. ive dabbled in a few to check them out, but Im not a podcast type anyways and from what ive seen, 99% of them are just fans like us and have no extra meaning, facts or ties to the team. GAC is just fans opinion along with that dark haired guy who always has a jersey on. Forget his name. I appreciate those that try and cover the team in their way but looks like same ol stuff we see here. Sign Hopkins, sign Elliot, etc.

Same with Twitter accounts....which is worse imo.

Rather just come here and read the same ideas on things than listen to it for 20 to 45 minutes on YouTube or a Podcast. And actually i feel some here are much better than those on Podcasts or Youtube. YT they can get followers though and make money. Doesn't mean they know anything than we do.

Comment

Working...
                X