1972 Dolphins - Can somebody please go undefeated?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

1972 Dolphins - Can somebody please go undefeated?

People like Jim Langer, Manny Fernandez, and Bob Kuechenberg need to ask themselves what they're really accomplishing here. What they feel is noble is in actuality quite petty.

Not only is it kind of passe for a sports team to meet with the President nowadays (doesn't the President of the United States of America have better things to do than to meet with a sports team?), but does he really need to meet with them 40 years late?

And do these Dolphin players really need to snub him when he does decide to meet with them?

Anybody else tired of these old men living in the past?

/rant over.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It's a stupid situation. Nixon was knee deep in Watergate, and it wasn't common for sports teams to be invited to the WH. Somebody in the WH thought it would be a great idea to bring these fossils in... photo op! Eventually there will be another undefeated team, but let the old guys hold on to their past... it's valuable to them.

As far as the three guys that didn't want to show up... it's a free country! Unless currently sworn to an office, or an employee of the government, they have no obligation... we aren't a monarchy. I would have an issue if someone from the Navy football team refused to go to the WH to celebrate the Commander-In-Chief's trophy though. Maybe James Harrison had the right thinking that the Steelers were invited only because they won, and be used as a photo op for the benefit of someone else, and the guy didn't deserve the presence of the all mighty James Harrison.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

I don't know man, there's a reason no one else has done it - it's fucking hard. I dont think I'm out of line saying it's the most significant record in team sports.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah but this particular team gets so much more annoying as the years go on.... somebody please put us out of our misery!
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Do our taxes pay the airfares?
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...-insufferable/

Not only is it kind of passe for a sports team to meet with the President nowadays (doesn't the President of the United States of America have better things to do than to meet with a sports team?), but does he really need to meet with them 40 years late?

And do these Dolphin players really need to snub him when he does decide to meet with them?

Anybody else tired of these old men living in the past?

/rant over.
            I feel like the article making such a big deal abut the guys not going was worse than the Dolphins being honored. Who cares? They dont want to go.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Even before clicking that link I just knew that one of those three had to be the supreme insufferable asshole Bob Kuchenberg.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think it is important to rail against the guys who didn't go. As unimportant as the whole photo op was, it's even less important who went or why.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  Even before clicking that link I just knew that one of those three had to be the supreme insufferable asshole Bob Kuchenberg.
                  Fuck that bitter old fuck. I get so sick of his soundbite whining about Winslow. Fuck him in his stupid fucking ass!

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Big Bear
                    • Self-employed property manager.
                    • Send PM

As for the '72 Dolphins, I am cool with them. They did something cool, nobody else has been able to pull it off. Have fun guys, do your thing. They just don't bug me.

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

About 10 years ago, my mom (an artist) painted an ornament that went onto the White House Christmas Tree and got an invite for a special MVP White House Luncheon with Laura Bush. My mom was decidedly NOT a W fan. However, considered the invite to be a greater honor and once in a lifetime experience not to be turned down, despite the politics of who is involved.

They're not being asked to provide insight or there for any political reason. It's a celebration of your contribution to American culture and really should be viewed as such. These guys need to get over themselves and enjoy a rare experience.

(Sidenote- my mom didn't end up going, but it was for health reasons. She had surgery scheduled for shortly before the event was to take place.)

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
                        About 10 years ago, my mom (an artist) painted an ornament that went onto the White House Christmas Tree and got an invite for a special MVP White House Luncheon with Laura Bush. My mom was decidedly NOT a W fan. However, considered the invite to be a greater honor and once in a lifetime experience not to be turned down, despite the politics of who is involved.

They're not being asked to provide insight or there for any political reason. It's a celebration of your contribution to American culture and really should be viewed as such. These guys need to get over themselves and enjoy a rare experience.

(Sidenote- my mom didn't end up going, but it was for health reasons. She had surgery scheduled for shortly before the event was to take place.)
                        I agree, Screeme. I read something today that was on an unrelated subject but your post made me think of the quote: "We've become a nation of shit talkers." Respect and civility just not part of the program anymore.

Comment

Working...
                        X