• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

OT: Pads

OK, I don't follow baseball, but I do check it from time to time. Looks like the Pads have downgraded from 4A to 3A. So sad. Next is the most losses to start a season.

They set the MLB mark with 27 straight scoreless innings to open a season. The old mark was 26 by the 1943 St. Louis Browns, according to STATS.

The Dodgers joined the 1963 Cardinals in winning their first three games by shutouts. Clayton Kershaw and Scott Kazmir had strong performances in the first two games before Maeda responded with six shutout innings of his own.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

wow, that's pretty bad, but on the bright side they do have a nice ballpark
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

San Diego professional sports teams: Don't move here for that. This is arguably - one might say definitely - the absolute worst city in America for professional sports fans.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

At least getting free tickets from work won't be too difficult this year. Randy Jones BBQ here we come.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          San Diego professional sports teams: Don't move here for that. This is arguably - one might say definitely - the absolute worst city in America for professional sports fans.
          I realize it's not a pro team, but be aware when you move to Eagle that Boise State football is a religion up here. And as a Charger fan, it takes a little while to get used to all of the blue and orange and "Bronco" banners etc. around town. BTW, Boise State was the Broncos with blue and orange long before Denver used the same name and colors.

Concerning the original thread, I'm wearing my Padres fleece top today with pride. I just wish San Diego teams would set positive records once in a while instead of negative ones.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
            I realize it's not a pro team, but be aware when you move to Eagle that Boise State football is a religion up here. And as a Charger fan, it takes a little while to get used to all of the blue and orange and "Bronco" banners etc. around town. BTW, Boise State was the Broncos with blue and orange long before Denver used the same name and colors.

Concerning the original thread, I'm wearing my Padres fleece top today with pride. I just wish San Diego teams would set positive records once in a while instead of negative ones.
            Yeah, Fleet already asked me who I was going to root for after I moved there and I told him BSU! I'm pissing off my younger daughter, however; she's a WVU Mountaineer, through and through, and is not happy about me rooting for another college team.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

This padre team will be lucky to get 60 wins.

What really stinks is there is absolutely no one on the team to root for.

I miss colonel and tg.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Went last night. PETCO is great and we made history! Not that big a deal that they're awful, expected it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                  This padre team will be lucky to get 60 wins.

What really stinks is there is absolutely no one on the team to root for.

I miss colonel and tg.
                  I stated that on another site and received much grief. Not here...ha
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I miss Towers. Couldn't hit on a draft pick to save his life, but always had a competitive team.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Towers had a knack of plucking guys from other rosters and fitting them in. Bochy's contributions are sorely missed too. Still pissed at that motherfucker Sandy Alderson for ruining this organization, but that's on Moores.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Stay positive.

Comment

Working...
                        X