• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    I actually posted that yesterday in another thread......somehow I feel responsible for this........
    Where is the negative rep button?! Rams gave up a lot... wow.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
      A stronger Donnie Edwards (very fast, sure tackler & great on coverage)...
      Really? Fuck, we better draft the guy.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        I am concerned he's over-rated. Is he even projected to be as good as Eric Fisher at this point? Remember when he was the consensus best OT in the draft (same draft as Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson) and expected to be the #1 pick? He ended up at RT, and STILL can't even lock down the starting LT job with KC. I'm not seeing any comparisons to Tunsil as in same class as that top 3 OTs from 2013 when we got Fluker.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...le6743151.html
        Cosell, the nerd who watches tons of film and is on Cowherd's show was really high on Laremy Tunsil. "As good an OT prospect as he's seen in .... You have to take Tunsil if he's there."

Prediction:
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          Where is the negative rep button?! Rams gave up a lot... wow.
          If 2017, 1st rounder would have been a 2nd rounder, I think it's a good trade for both sides.
          Last edited by rikardo; 04-14-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The San Diego Chargers are in need of playmakers on defense, and Florida State's DB Jalen Ramsey might be just the guy to jumpstart that unit.

So pretty much Ramsey and Tunsil are both being touted as "once in a generation" type of players I guess...

Then you have Kiper with Bosa at the top of his board. http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft
            Prediction:

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think you can make a case for Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey and Jack as being overrated. Now I'm hearing that Buckner and Stanley are underrated. For all intent and purposes, the Chargers now have the pick of the litter of the non QBs, and with so many needs, I'd rather drop a few spots to get another player. I wouldn't want to drop out of the top 8 though.

Here is my current ranking, without the trade. My basis is the need to fix the edge on both lines, and I'm not at all convinced about Bosa:
              1. Tunsil
              2. Buckner
              3. Ramsey
              4. Jack
              5. Bosa
              6. Stanley

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Congrats to Jon Robinson. His first draft related move and hes already raped the hell out of a team.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Congrats to Jon Robinson. His first draft related move and hes already raped the hell out of a team.
                  Yeah he did, but the Rams are under pressure to make a splash in LA. They gave up less than what they got for the trade to Washington. It's almost like the Rams are like an expansion team.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

This has almost restored my interest in the draft. The days ahead could get real interesting.
                    sigpic

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                      Since I don't know Jack would you please tell me who he reminds you of?
                      As someone else said Donnie Edwards but a little more physical and stronger against the run. Reports are that the Chargers would want him to play Safety....

Here is some comments about Jack.....
                      CBS Sports' Pete Prisco includes this note in a recent column on Myles Jack, the former UCLA linebacker:
                      "When I asked one NFL general manager if (Jack) compared favorably to former Baltimore Ravens great Ray Lewis, the general manager had this to say: 'Yes, but Jack is faster.'"

"He's the best player in the draft," an NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's a slam dunk. He can play modern-day football. He ain't never leaving the field."
                      Upper echelon explosiveness with the desire, speed and aggression to find his way into play after play.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Yeah he did, but the Rams are under pressure to make a splash in LA. They gave up less than what they got for the trade to Washington. It's almost like the Rams are like an expansion team.
                        I would have simply taken Lynch or moved up just a little to get him. Im not a huge fan of Goff and Wentz and i dont think Lynch is far behind. And the kid is mobile. I dont think he will have if a team uses him more under center than hes used to. I really like Lynch.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

Definitely a wow....i would not have expected a trade this early. Should really rearrange the top 5 picks for order in this draft.

Question now is will Cleveland get an offer they cant refuse for the 2nd pick. They really need a QB but i can see them being enticed to trade down and pick up a Lynch in the mid 1st too and pickup a couple nice picks.

I think this really works in our favor. Assuming Wentz and Goff are gone there may be a player that really wants Tunsil or Ramsey or Jack.

Last....i think this might mean a run on QBs. I can see Lynch being gone in the first and even the 4th might go if Denver is thinking drafting qb....they might have to trade up to get to Lynch.

This should make for an exciting draft....we are definitely open to trading and may hold the keys to some nice guys being on the table.

Comment

Working...
                          X